Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Conditional Build Tag Problem

Participant ,
Jan 29, 2009 Jan 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

Has anyone experienced problems with their output after applying conditional build tags to table columns? I have RH 7.002.001 and a co-worker has version 7.00.145, and this is the only difference that we can find as being the potential problem. It appears that she is correctly applying tags to specific columns in a table; however, when she generates the output, she sees both of the following:
1. there's whitespace (i.e., for a column she tagged as being excluded, the column text does not display, but there's just a long, empty spot between two columns)
2. there's jagged border lines where the excluded columns would be located

As my co-worker puts it: "When publishing the printed document, the conditionally hidden columns are still appearing, just very thin and with no content in them. This is making the layout of the page look very bad."

She's also having other issues in the generated printed document that I'm not having:
1. When creating Printed Documentation, Header 1 becomes Header 2, and Header 2 becomes Header 3.
2. There are no margins in the table cells (i.e., the text is immediately next to the border, with no space), except for the table cells in the Options column. All table cells, including the ones in the Options column, have the same properties.
3. For all the files that she has edited, the header and footer are now displaying above and below the single table contained in the topic (i.e., for tables that span several pages in the Word doc, the header & footer are at the beginning and end of one html page that contains the single table, as opposed to having a header and footer on every page that the single table spans across).
4. Borders are not exported with the table into the printed document. When she adds them, they display inconsistently in the printed doc. Some borders end up being two lines, and others are a single, thicker line.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated, mainly regarding the problem with her output being incorrect despite applying the build tags correctly, and excluding them from the output correctly.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 29, 2009 Jan 29, 2009

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first obvious thing is why not update the colleagues machine? Some of the things you describe could well be fixed by doing that.

Item 1 sound like you have ticked the Maintain HTML Heading levels option in the wizard and your colleague has not.

The items after that need to be compared with similar topics where the problem does not occur. Do a bit more poking around. Post back if stuck after that.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

She did attempt to update her machine using the "Update" menu option in RH, but that opens the Adobe Updater which ends up hogging her machine and it actually never seems to finish whatever it's supposed to be doing, so she isn't able to update.

We are doing some more testing, and I'll post back later.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download the patches from Adobe's site instead of using Update.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's wonderful news, Peter! Can you tell us how to access the area where she can download patches? She and I tried hard this morning to find that on the Adobe site, but were unsuccessful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.adobe.com/support/robohelp/downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,
She downloaded the updates - 7.0.1 and 7.0.2 and that solved the problem!!! Thanks so much for helping us around the Adobe Updater problem so that she could get the updates and solve her problems. :)

Oh, and she did find this in the readme file for 7.0.1: "Conditional Build Tags when applied differently in multiple cells of a table do not appear properly in output."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
There's more on both patches in Using RH7 on my site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp