Exit

Camera Raw Filter shows different colors

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i am using Photoshop CC 2018 19.1.0 with Camera Raw 10.2.1.895

When i open an RGB file in Photoshop and then apply the Camera Raw filter from the filters menu, the picture in the Camera Raw dialog looks more saturated, than in photoshop.

The Colormangement setting in Photoshop an Camera Raw are equal also i am using a calibrated Eizo CG277 High End monitor.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Peter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Proof Colors on in Photoshop? (View > Proof Colors on the menu bar)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No because its an RGB file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using two monitors?

This sounds very much like a problem that is occasionally reported in ACR "proper" (the raw converter plugin). What happens is that ACR uses the wrong monitor profile in a dual monitor setup. With the wrong profile, the wrong numbers are sent to screen. - and if one of them is wide gamut it really becomes obvious.

The only workaround I know of is to change primary <> secondary display assignment in the OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ D Fosse

Are you using two monitors?

This sounds very much like a problem that is occasionally reported in ACR "proper" (the raw converter plugin). What happens is that ACR uses the wrong monitor profile in a dual monitor setup. With the wrong profile, the wrong numbers are sent to screen. - and if one of them is wide gamut it really becomes obvious.

The only workaround I know of is to change primary <> secondary display assignment in the OS.

Thanks for the quick answer. Your answer helped me to solve the problem.

Here is what i did.

I use 2 monitors with different monitorprofile for each one. In Windows Systemsettings>Colorsettings when i click on identify monitors my main monitor (witch i use as main monitor for Photoshop) with monitorprofile A, appears as 2. The second monitor (for Photoshop windows) with monitorprofile B appears as 1. Photoshop correctly uses profile A, identifyed as monitor 2, to display the files. But camera raw uses monitorprofile B, from the second monitor, identifyed as monitor 1, to display the file in camera raw. If i drag the camera raw window to the second monitor the files look equal, when i drag it back to my main monitor there is a difference. To solve the problem i set the monitorprofile A from my main monitor also on the second monitor. Then the Photoshop and camera raw shows the same with no difference. The only problem now is that the second monitor has a wrong monitorprofil, but i use this monitor only for photoshops windows, so it does not matter.

I tryed a few things, that windows colorsettings identyfies my main monitor as 1 and not as 2. But did not find anything that works. I think the only way to do this is swap the connections on the graphic board. But that means i must calibrate both monitor new.

Thanks Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for confirming. This very problem comes up at regular intervals, so it clearly qualifies as a bug. But whether the bug is in ACR or the OS, or both, is impossible to say. I have never seen any official acknowledgement from Adobe.

I think the only way to do this is swap the connections on the graphic board. But that means i must calibrate both monitor new.

Well, you should do that from time to time anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines