Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does anybody get this error?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

When I open Lightroom Classic CC, usually the first time I delete a photo from a catalog I get this error message:

Screenshot 2018-03-15 11.05.13.png

I click OK and then everything works well. This happens with all catalogs. It started happening recently, it was not immediately after a software update,

Does anybody have an idea why this is happening?

Thanks

Dimitrios

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I've seen it reported on this forum.

Search this error on Google.

https://www.google.com/search?ei=26yuWs6LCdGzzwKrlbHoAQ&q=attempt+to+index+a+nil+value+lightroom&oq=...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer. This error message goes back to LR2 and LR3. Unfortunately I have not come up with a conclusive solution to my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note that this error message doesn't have a single cause. "Attempt to index nil value" is a low-level programming error that occurs whenever the program tries to reference a nil (empty) value as if it were a non-nil object. It's one of the most common programming errors in Lua (the language used to implement LR). 

So while it can be helpful to search for previously reported instances of the error message, beware that it arises from many different bugs inside LR, and a solution for one occurrence of the message probably won't help with other occurrences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for you comment John, I agree with you, the sources of the error seem to vary a lot. At the moment this only occurs once LR is fired up and everything works well. I will not attempt anything if I am not sure it will be targeted towards my specific case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines