• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Internal SSD drive not appearing in LR

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed a fresh LR and have a newly installed 1TB SSD for working with some very large photo scans.

My issue is that when importing in LR the new SSD drive is not displaying as a source. This is odd as LR is actually installed on that same drive. My other two internal drives are displaying fine as well as a network drive and two externals. So for some reason I am unable to actually import the photos because LR fails to recognise the drive is there.

The drive works fine in windows explorer, it has a couple of folders of photos and has all the Adobe suite installed to it.

Has anyone run into this odd error before?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

I'm not the OP.  I put up the screen shot so the OP, G S Kelly, could see where the "+" is for adding folders and drives.  It will launch Import where the OP can find the files or folders on his SSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please state your operating system.

Have you tried re-starting the computer?

SSD doesn't really help editing large (or any) photos, other than a trivial amount that you will never notice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven't imported photos located on that drive, it won't show in the folders panel in the Library module. It should show in the Import module.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the "I:" drive the one you are having the issue with?

Why did you put the arrow on the + sign?

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not the OP.  I put up the screen shot so the OP, G S Kelly, could see where the "+" is for adding folders and drives.  It will launch Import where the OP can find the files or folders on his SSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the help guys. I eventually discovered my stupidity, after I slept on it and went back. The GUI of the importer is just a bit confusing. I needed to use the "select a source" up the top which looks like a heading for the column not a drop down. Still seems odd that it was not listing the drive below with all the others though.

whsprague's method would have also worked as well, so marked correct. Cheers guys.

import.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines