• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using rotate and zoom together

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys. I’m fairly new to photoshop and have been searching all over for a solution to an issue that I can’t seem to solve.

I use photoshop cc 2018 with an intuos pro (most recent release). Any method used to rotate the view works fine: such as the rotate tool within photoshop, using a spring loaded shortcut (r), gesture rotation on the tablet, or touch wheel rotation.

The problem is when the canvas has been rotated to my liking, zooming in or out causes the rotation to be cancelled out and the view is reset to the original non-rotated orientation. This happens with the actual zoom tool, scrubby zoom, gestures, and touch wheel.

I think I’m missing something haha. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Have you tried it without the tablet connected to see if it works that way? I have no problem rotating and zooming, so it's either your tablet causing the issue, or maybe you need to reset your PS preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried it without the tablet connected to see if it works that way? I have no problem rotating and zooming, so it's either your tablet causing the issue, or maybe you need to reset your PS preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is going to sound pretty dense....

Do you mean using the tablet via Bluetooth connection without the cord, or using the trackpad/mouse or whatever instead of the tablet?

ill try the reset preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unpluging the tablet and using a mouse or trackpad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so I use a touchscreen laptop, and the touchscreen pinch and rotate gestures work perfect... ugh. So this means it is a tablet issue I assume. Also means it will likely not be an easy fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem after re-installing Photoshop and was wondering if anyone knew of a solution.

My issue is the same as the Original poster.

When I rotate my canvas using my Cintiq's touch wheel everything works fine, but as soon as I zoom in or out, the canvas snaps back to 0% rotation.

Ive been using this tablet for roughly 6 years and I could always zoom in and out of a rotated canvas without it resetting to 0%

Is there perhaps a setting somewhere that controls this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can’t reproduce the issue. I have release 19.1.1 of PS CC, a 27” iMac (late 2012), and a Wacom Intuos medium size tablet (wired, no Bluetooth). I can use the wheel to rotate the image, and once it is at an angle, I can zoom in and out with several PS tools and even the Wacom wheel, without resetting the angle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure if this is any help.... I use the Wacom pen buttons to zoom in and out and recently I have had the same issue of zooming resting the canvas rotation. I had the pen button settings selected as 'zoom in' and 'zoom out' in the Wacom desktop center. Changing these to key strokes (ALT -) and (ALT 😃 instead seems to have solved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines