• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layer and layer mask selection using cmd shortcut

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can select the layer by using the cmd shortcut. All good, but what if I have a mask on the layer being selected. Is there a way or a short cut to select the layer then the mask layer thumbnail to make it active see image.

For example

I'm working on layer 1

I hold down cmd to switch and select layer 2 but on layer 2 I have a mask. Can I directly select the layer mask thumbnail with a shortcut when layer switching?

Hope that makes sense

Regards

Jason

LAYER.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know the amswer is no. Also a layer could have two layer mask a Vector layer mask and a raster layer mask If a smat layer ther cpuld alsi ne a filter mask 

Capture.jpg

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How beautiful would that be to have cltrl click for layer selection then target the mask directly, all in on action. Have a fly out or drop down

PANEL.jpg

PANEL2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply

The multiples options for the layer (filter, mask, clipping  etc etc are fine, they all still have a name that can be targeted with a cmd click and have a panel list (layer, mask clapping, effect) extend from that. Hope that makes sense

Regards

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jason,

You can command-click the layer mask itself to load the mask as a selection.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After selecting the layer you can press Command + \ (Mac) | Control + \ (Win) to target the layer mask

To switch back to the layer press Command + 2 (Mac) | Control + 2 (Win)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff, appreciate the reply. I'm using the cmd \ and cmd 2 until we get a list panel as shown in my last image when the layer is targeted using the cmd and mouse click.

Regards

Jason

PANEL2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could make a feature request over here:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeff thank for for the info . I might do that (make a request). Do you think its a valid request or am i just being a dick and I should just get on with the tools we have. Its one person with one idea, it doesn't mean its valid.

Regards

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How beautiful would that be to have cltrl click for layer selection then target the mask directly, all in on action. Have a fly out or drop down

PANEL.jpg

PANEL2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines