• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ALL my purchased presets disappeared overnight.

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have purchased expensive presets for LR over the course of several months. Overnight (without my computer shutting down) they are all gone. Even my personally created presets are gone. I have only Stock LR presets. They are NOT in the Lightroom Develop Presets folder.

HELP!! I invested a lot of money in this and now it's all gone!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your preferences for where they are stored. IF you had the preferences set to "Store presets with Catalog" (which I recommend) but altered that preference to the default, those presets would not show up.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not have Store Presets With Catalog checked (I do now) so I guess I'm out of luck. What does that action do? I may try logging in to the websites where I purchased them and see if I can redownload them. But my custom made ones are probably lost forever 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try closing and reopening LR after checking Store Presets With Catalog. Most of the Preferences settings are loaded when LR is launched so a re-launch is required to apply the changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, this did not work Thank you for your reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other possibility is that your LR Preferences file may have become corrupted. Try resetting it as outlined at the below link. Save a copy of your current Preferences file to your desktop so you can restore it.

How to set Lightroom preferences

Do NOT make any changes to the reset Preferences settings. See if your presets are now showing in LR. If not try checking Store Presets With Catalog and then restart LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

saraip54230099  wrote

I did not have Store Presets With Catalog checked (I do now) so I guess I'm out of luck. What does that action do? I may try logging in to the websites where I purchased them and see if I can redownload them. But my custom made ones are probably lost forever 😕

No backup of custom presets?

What store presets with catalog does is exactly as the name implies; all your presets are saved in the same location as the catalog itself, not deep in some other folder (depending on OS).

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmmm. "deep in some folder"? Your preferences are in *.agprefs files. Don't know about MAC's but on Windows, look in your User Roaming AppData  folders (C:\Users\user-name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Preferences to be precise). I back up these files with Norton Backup (along with all other user preferences under Roaming AppData). No backup of any kind (not even a simple batch file backup), I'm sure the vendors will send you your license keys. Catalog is a good place to save preferences...make sure you are backing up your catalog (yet another option)!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines