• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfer and Shape dynamics - hotkey issues

Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love that you can hotkey a toggle for the Transfer and Shape Dynamic options in the brush settings panel.  What I hate however is that the hotkeys don't work when you start Photoshop - I have to manually go in and toggle the check box off and on, and hit the hotkey a couple times to get it to 'stick'.  Then it will work no problem.  The other wrinkle is that this behavior repeats if I select a new brush. It's a weird bug, but I would love to get this fixed. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

You can try reseting preference of photoshop but remember you will have to customise the shortcuts again. Guide to reset Preferences - Preferences in Photoshop

If reset preference doesn't help.. may be its a bug in windows. You can report the bug @ Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Photoshop your using...I have tested creating shortcuts for Transfer and Shape Dynamic and it worked fine even if I restart  photoshop. Tested in Photoshop CC 2018 ver 19.1.2. on Mac OS X 10.13.3

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on the latest version on PC.  So in my experience it's the brush presets that cause the issue....if I start PS and just use the default round brush, everything is fine.  The moment I switch to a custom brush preset, the hotkeys stop working.  Then once I check an un-check the boxes (for transfer and shape dynamics), they seem to work again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try reseting preference of photoshop but remember you will have to customise the shortcuts again. Guide to reset Preferences - Preferences in Photoshop

If reset preference doesn't help.. may be its a bug in windows. You can report the bug @ Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried resetting prefs, but it didn't help.  I'll try reporting it as a bug. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To change the pressure control brush you do like this:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Alt + K
- Next, select the "keyboard shortcuts" tab.
Shortcuts For "Tools"
- Find "Toggle brush Pressure controls Size" and set the shortcut
To me, I set the K key
Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines