• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatic Range Rescaling

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, can anybody explain to me what automatic range rescaling is? I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. I'm working on a multicam sequence of a live event and am digitally zooming / scaling / panning as I go but when I apply a scale or postion modification to the current cut of the sequence, it rescales everything to the right on the time line.  Currently I am either cutting and pasting attributes from an earlier clip or typing over and tabbing through position and scale values so I was looking for a way to quickly revert my scale and position values back to the default 1920x1080@100%. When you twirl down under Video Effects (Motion) for Position and Scale you see a check box that, when you hover over it, says: "toggle automatic range rescaling" I was hoping that this might help me solve my problem but I'm also curious to see what it is.  Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Automatic Range Rescaling - In short it fits the graph values in view... for example you to see the graph of value going from 0 at frame 0 to 400 px at frame 100 than automatic range Rescaling will Auto fit the graph line in the view.

I just made a quick video to explain the Automatic Range Rescaling and also tried to answer the second part of your question - Premiere Pro - Automatic range Rescaling - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Automatic Range Rescaling - In short it fits the graph values in view... for example you to see the graph of value going from 0 at frame 0 to 400 px at frame 100 than automatic range Rescaling will Auto fit the graph line in the view.

I just made a quick video to explain the Automatic Range Rescaling and also tried to answer the second part of your question - Premiere Pro - Automatic range Rescaling - YouTube

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vishuagg. To be truthful, you have also introduced me to the scaling graph which I haven't used before. Thank you very much for your answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend doing all the editing first, and applying effects second.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

yes that makes sense. I am working on 2+ hour long stage workshops with Powerpoint slide/image overlays (PIP) so that would mean going through the whole thing twice for the first rough edit but it may be worth trying this as an alternative workflow. What I often do now is just put in a random cut down the track a bit that I can slide along later as needed. Thanks for your answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do recommend a minimum of two passes for multicam work.  Once in realtime making the cuts as you go, a second pass for tweaking the cuts you just made.  Over years of cutting weddings, dance recitals and plays, I've found this to be the most efficient work flow by far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines