• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

will a MacBook Pro with intel HD 3000 512GB graphics run Lightroom Classic CC?

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have this error message on current MacBook Pro:

IMG_0379.jpg

here are my current computer specs:

IMG_0381.jpg

looking at buying another MacBook Pro with following specs - will that solve this problem?

IMG_0380.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Yes it will run Lightroom, and there is a very good chance it will run rather slowly, as this is an old computer with a relatively (by today's standards) slow processor.

In general, I would not recommend getting an old and slow computer to run Lightroom.

I have no idea if it will solve your Photoshop problem above.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it will run Lightroom, and there is a very good chance it will run rather slowly, as this is an old computer with a relatively (by today's standards) slow processor.

In general, I would not recommend getting an old and slow computer to run Lightroom.

I have no idea if it will solve your Photoshop problem above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The second one shown will most likely not have the Photoshop error you’ve shown, but may give you trouble in other areas.

As DJ Paige said, it’s hard to recommend an older computer for today’s software. It seems anticlimactic to upgrade from an 8 year old computer to a 7 year old computer. Both will struggle, and if you “upgrade,” in a few months, you’ll have an 8 year old computer again.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adding another thought ... Many people get newer and newer cameras while clinging desperately to their old computer hardware, and this is another mistake. Newer cameras take photos with more megapixels, which need faster computers in order to work with them in a reasonable amount of time. If you're going to spend money on newer cameras, it is highly recommended to also spend money to upgrade your computer hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines