• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do LR do this

Engaged ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is it like this in the folders in Lightroom? I can enter "Develop module" and "Resize" where the "Auto" button is selected for some reason. If I select the "Exit" or "Reset" button then the image ends straight for a while.

There is no major damage done but if every other to every third picture is rotated, it's not fun to turn them right. It looks like this in every folder in LR:

2018-03-22_22h35_23.jpg

Best regards: Micke Seise

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have 'Auto Level' turned on, possibly on import as a preset. Auto Level searches for lines it thinks need to be vertical or horizontal, and sometimes that goes wrong. In some images the plank behind the bird is clearly seen as a horizon, in some other images it seems the bird itself is fooling Lightroom. That's also why the 'Reset' button corrects this.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have either presets or auto level on in Import, if I have a preset then all photos should rotate not just some of them, right? A screendump from Import module.

2018-03-23_12h56_52.jpg

The Word "Inga" means none

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mikaels71195823  wrote

I have either presets or auto level on in Import, if I have a preset then all photos should rotate not just some of them, right? A screendump from Import module.

2018-03-23_12h56_52.jpg

The Word "Inga" means none

Then you may have added it to the camera default settings. Auto level does not rotate each image. It only rotates those images that it thinks need rotation. And it only rotates images when it can detect lines or patterns it can use to determine the rotation that is needed.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the following on one of these images. Hold the shift key, so the 'Reset' button changes to 'Reset (Adobe)'. Then click this button. That will reset your adjustments to the Adobe default settings. If that solves it, you can press the same button while holding the Alt-key to restore your camera default to these settings.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked, but it should be interesting for how long. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

mikaels71195823  wrote

It worked, but it should be interesting for how long. Thanks for your help.

If you reset the camera defaults, it will work for as long as you don't include Auto Level in the defaults again. Also remember that camera defaults are set per camera, so if you use more than one camera, you can still get this problem with another camera.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if the auto level is on why would this photo rotate?

2018-03-23_13h20_11.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mikaels71195823  wrote

And if the auto level is on why would this photo rotate?

2018-03-23_13h20_11.jpg

I can't see the results of the algorithms, but I assume because this levels the streaks in the background.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines