• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio will not import

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took some clips from films using VLC Media Player. Each clip file is titled "VLC Media File (.mpg)." When I import any of these files into Premiere Pro, only the video appears. There is no audio.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

I had to put the editing work aside to take care of other commitments.  Hence, you have not heard from me for several days.

Using Handbrake I was finally able to get a clip that would import into Premiere Pro with both video and audio, but they were still out of sync. The movie I wanted to create in PP is no longer needed. I found another way to present the clips without putting them together. So a solution is not pressing, but I would still like to have a dependable way of taking a clip from a f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Premiere Pro?

If not 12.0.1, and it is variable frame rate, you may need to transcode.

Here is a link to a Handbrake tutorial:

Fixing  video with Handbrake - YouTube

Also, see here:

Patching source sequences in Premiere Pro

and here:

FAQ: Why does audio or video not go to the track where I drop it?

If that doesn't work:

Please use the free MediaInfo and post a screenshot the properties of your media in tree view:

MediaInfo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Premiere Pro CC, which updates regularly. I am a very basic user, which means I am a real novice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Premiere Pro 12.01 (Build 69).

I used Handbrake and was able to get a version of my clip that has audio, but the audio is badly our of sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you transcode exactly as in the tutorial?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did. And I repeated the process with another clip with the same result. I again have audio but it's still out of sync. Also, I thought Handbrake was supposed to transform the file to an .mp4. It is still an .mpg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use Handbrake make sure it is set to Constant Framerate.

If your file is still a mpg you did not set up Handbrake correct or imported the wrong file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jamesbbt1505  wrote

I thought Handbrake was supposed to transform the file to an .mp4. It is still an .mpg.

That should be the default setting, but if it is not, watch the video again and pay attention to it at about 2:20 to see how to change it to mp4:

Fixing Out of Sync video with Handbrake - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had to put the editing work aside to take care of other commitments.  Hence, you have not heard from me for several days.

Using Handbrake I was finally able to get a clip that would import into Premiere Pro with both video and audio, but they were still out of sync. The movie I wanted to create in PP is no longer needed. I found another way to present the clips without putting them together. So a solution is not pressing, but I would still like to have a dependable way of taking a clip from a film and bringing into PP for editing and putting with other clips.

Thank you to you who tried to find an answer for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Open your video in Quicktime player and export audio only, like my screenshot: File / Export As / Audio only...

Captura de pantalla 2018-03-21 a la(s) 14.08.00.png

Then, sync in PrPro selecting both audio and video in timeline, right click and choose Link. That's all.

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines