• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 License invalidated?

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A mac lab at a high school I'm supporting had two of their licenses invalidated. The 28 other machines in the room have working licenses that have not been invalidated. How can I find out the reason the license was invalidated, and how do I get it to continue working?

The school will not be updating hardware anytime soon, and does not want to pay for CC when they've already bought CS6 licenses several years ago. Copies of CS6 should continue to work, since we've purchased them.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need to contact Adobe customer care with your licensing information. Not sure they will be able to help, but they may be able to point out why they stopped working. Best guess is duplicate license installs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is chat the only way to contact them? Is there an email address I can use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, no email. There’s phone but at least chat allows you to copy/paste a transcript.

Bear in mind that CS6 will only continue to work if you freeze hardware and systems. Both Mac and Windows systems are now changing ever faster, with ever worse app compatibility, and opting out won’t stay an option with all the new threats. So expect to end up subscribing to EVERYTHING. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines