• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Macbook Pro(early 2015) catastrophic failure (un-recoverable) .psd files in the cloud somewhere?

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not work in the CC much if at all.  If my previous MacBook Pro 13" with Retina display catastrophically failed and is not unrecoverable, would ANY of the .psd files that I created/modified be available for me to download w/o having to recreate?  I think I know the terrible answer but I thought I'd ask...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only if you saved them to your Cloud Storage, otherwise, they would only be on the local/network drives they were originally saved to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a Mac user, I keep regular Time Machine backups. That is one way to recover data.

Do you mean the Macbook itself failed or the Hard drive failed?

Another way out is if you are allowed to is to remove the hard drive if it is intact and see if you can boot it from another Mac.

You would need a Sata to USB cable there and use Cmd R to boot into Recovery mode, use Disk Utility to check it, and then select it on Restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As many other Macbook Pro 13”Retina display models have issues with overheating, so did mine. While running dual external monitors (laptop closed) the cooling fan failed and overheated the hard drive and somehow the “partition” failed. That is what i was told by a certified Apple repair facility. I watched him boot if from an external ssd hard drive. I went to an Apple store and they said “Oh, wow, you worked the laptop too hard and that was the root cause...blah blah blah”! I checked before AND after to see if I could attach two external monitors and how to do it. Sooo for some reason i searched for two days for another laptop, a windows laptop! And for some reason i ended up with yet ANOTHER Apple laptop! I searched local store and found an unopened mid 2015 macbook pro 15” with retina. It has 16 instead of 8 gig of RAM. Twice the hard drive and a better video card. But a slower but better i7 processor. I assume that this one shouldn’t grenade on me. And if it does i bout the “Apple Care”. The 13” was my first Apple ever, it fried, and i bout a new one! Not sure why other than the lack of probability of a virus contraction(s), and i just want to learn another operating system.... Anyway, sorry for the rant, should i hook up the external monitor with BOTH mini display ports to HDMI or use one mini display rot to HDMI and use the onboard HDMI to HDMI?

P.S. I just didn't want the four USB C ports.

Sent from my phone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This forum deals with Photoshop and basic OS/hardware issues related to that software. You should ask the Apple genius bar or Apple Support Communities about what's better for your type of monitor.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response!

Sent from my phone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines