• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2018 Screen Goes Blank Suddenly

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My user is experiencing issues when they are working in InDesign 2018. When working in InDesign after the application has been open for greater than 4hrs, the application will suddenly make the workspace blank white within InDesign. I upgraded their video card to a GeForce 1030 and updated their RAM to 16GB which I know is way more than enough to run InDesign. The screen still blanks out and does not show the content of what they are working on. My user then has to save and close the application to get their content to appear in the InDesign workspace window. I have provided two images to demonstrate what is happening. I will be clearing the preferences to see if that solves the issue. I am just trying to figure out what is causing this issue. I know there are issues with InDesign 2018.image002 (002).jpg

I blocked out proprietary content in the image above. This is not part of the issue. The image below is what my user is seeing:

image001 (002).jpg

Thank you for any help! I have not found any forums posts on this issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning off GPU Performance in InDesign preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Bill, unfortunately that did not work. Thank you for your response! My user had to close and reopen InDesign in order to get the screen to display again . Do you have other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This happens to me, too. You can preview the screen (shift+w on a mac), and when you exit the preview, the screen will display correctly. Really hope Adobe fixes this soon, it's annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines