• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC Classic puts a Preset on every RAW-Image, help please!

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I´ve noticed that Lightroom Classic CC put´s a preset on every RAW-image, which increases the contrast.

But I don´t like that, I want to start editing at zero.

First is shown the RAW-image, meanwhile is there an sign which says "loading", after 1-2 seconds the image looks much more contrasty.

I´d like to deactivate this function.

Could someone help me?

CR2-Raw from Canon 700D in Lightroom Classic CC 7.1 on an iMac.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Set one of your newly imported raw images that's typical of what you normally photograph to look the way you want newly imported images to look. Then in the Develop module go to the Develop menu and choose the option to set default settings. Whatever settings you have applied to that image will now become part of the default settings that will be applied when images are imported. Those settings will also be applied when you click on the reset button.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you certain Lightroom is applying a preset? When Lightroom first displays raw images it displays the embedded JPEG preview while it generates a preview of the raw data. When the preview is created, the default settings are applied and those default settings are probably different from what the JPEG preview is. You can create your own default settings that are more suitable to your style of photography.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank!

Where can I adjust my own default settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set one of your newly imported raw images that's typical of what you normally photograph to look the way you want newly imported images to look. Then in the Develop module go to the Develop menu and choose the option to set default settings. Whatever settings you have applied to that image will now become part of the default settings that will be applied when images are imported. Those settings will also be applied when you click on the reset button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But why did it change? How was it before? I want the setting I used to have the last years. Where did it go? Why was it replaced?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know. Did you recently update or upgrade? Have you ever customized your camera defaults? Have you purchased a new camera recently? There are different defaults for every camera model. Have you reset your defaults? What version of Lightroom are you using? What exact version (not just the latest)? When did you start seeing this "problem"? Has anything changed on your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case to create the look it used to have i need to do contrast completely down. -100

if i make this my new default setting that would mean that i could never go down more with contrast.

you understand?

Means i want my preset like it was. with everything in -0-.

and the way it looked like a week ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, you have started another thread. I don't know what it is you are doing. But I don't think I have any suggestions that will help you. You will have to figure this one out on your own are getting help from others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines