• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat XI no longer prints to pdf

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat XI print to pdf set as my default printer on my Windows 10 desktop. Recently the print to pdf function stopped working. The PDF Progress window opens and a tmp file is created in the location designated for the pdf but the process never completes. I have repaired the installation from the help menu but that did not fix the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

I decided to upgrade to Acrobat Pro 2017 so my issue is "resolved". I strongly suspect the problem I was experiencing with XI was triggered by a Windows 10 update. Seems the Windows 10 updates have been breaking everything of late!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello AdopeFailMe,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, "Print to PDF" in Acrobat 11 is not working, Is that correct?

Check for any pending updates of Acrobat from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after the updates are installed. Try resetting the preferences of Acrobat, to reset the preferences, refer to How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

Reboot the machine and see if this brings any difference.

If the issue still persists, please remove Adobe Printer, and install it back manually. To install Adobe Printer, refer to Adobe PDF printer is missing | Manually install PDF printer Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/add-pdf-printer-manually.html

Note: Acrobat 11 is already declared an end of support product, End of support means that Adobe no longer provides technical support, including product and/or security updates, for all derivatives of a product or product version (localized versions, minor upgrades, operating systems, dot and double-dot releases, and connector products).

For detailed information, refer to End of support for Adobe Acrobat XI and Reader XI

Feel free to update this discussion for any further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my Acrobat 11 just started doing the same thing 2 days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Fenstebreaker,

Please try the suggestions mentioned/shared above and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I decided to upgrade to Acrobat Pro 2017 so my issue is "resolved". I strongly suspect the problem I was experiencing with XI was triggered by a Windows 10 update. Seems the Windows 10 updates have been breaking everything of late!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! Good to hear that the issue got fixed.

Feel free to update this discussion for any further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines