• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing Login Name in Acrobat Reader

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2009 Feb 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an easy way to change your login name (the name reader uses as an author name when commenting)?

It is a pretty easy process in Pro, but my Reader uses need to change their author name as well

any help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 18, 2009 Feb 18, 2009
You can't change the Login Name.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the preferences of Adobe Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you be alittle more specific. Because if I try to change the preference entry:

Preferences -> Identity -> Login Name

I will not change, it is locked down. What preference specifically are you changing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't change the Login Name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As that was my original question, did you misunderstand me and you are now are saying it's not possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you change the Login Name in the preferences of Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2009 Feb 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a lot of version of Acrobat. Which are you talking about?

Reader?
Standard?
Pro?
Pro Extended?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, in my original post I said there is a way to change the author name for commenting, but I have not found one in Reader. Do you know of one? You indicated in your first post you did. Do you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you change the author name for commenting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 19, 2013 Nov 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, once you add a sticky note. Alt+Click on the sticky and hit Properties. Under the General Tab put your name in Author and then at the bottom check the Make Properties Default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2014 Oct 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2015 May 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I check the Make Properties Default option, it only changes the name for that comments and goes back to the one I don't want for the next comment. Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2015 Jul 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  Did you find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you've right-clicked and changed the name, check the box that says "Make Properties Default." That did it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!  I inserted a sticky note, did a Right Click, clicked on Properties, clicked on the General Tab, updated my "Author Name" and put a check mark in the Make Properties Default box. I clicked on OK, and that changed the name that appears on my comments and any other notation that I mark in the PDF.  THANK YOU for providing this shortcut (I'd just spent a full 30 minutes trying to figure that out using the "Manage Account" option in Adobe. I have Adobe Reader DC, Windows 10. THANK YOU!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you as well! It worked for me too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2015 Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat Pro, if you go into Preferences and then Commenting, under the Making Comments section at the bottom, you can uncheck "Always use Log-in Name for Author Name".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2016 Mar 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the answer. Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked !! Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too.

I use a personal laptop for work, but somehow, my son's name appears as the login, and I can't seem to change it, nor have I figured out where or how this was 'set' originally.

Changing the author's name is easy, but changing or resetting the login name is the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not a useful reply. I suggest Adobe to make chages that this is done. I don't want the name to appear as 'Admin'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem today and ended up calling Adobe support.  The answer is, this is a MICROSOFT LOGIN NAME, not Adobe.  You CANNOT change it through Adobe at all. Acrobat just reads this information from your Windows settings.

• Solution One: Fix your Windows login name.  (not so obvious as it sounds - I login as "James" but Adobe says my login is "test".  I have no idea where they get that from or how to change it.)
  • Solution Two: Preferences/Commenting/Making Comments/Always use Log-in Name for Author name (Uncheck)

Solution Two solved my problem.

Can anyone from the Mac world confirm that this is a windows-only problem please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for the Reader on W10 it doesn't help 😞 crazy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines