• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 7.0

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this old legacy copy of Photoshop.  It's a legal copy with serial # and all.  I have it installed on a Windows 10 machine, but it sometimes wants (and fails) to install updates when firing up.  Is there an update to the PS 7.0?  I've seen references to 7.0.1, but fear malware involved.  If there are upgrades to 7.0 where is a safe place to find them?  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Right here: Adobe - Photoshop : For Windows : Adobe Photoshop 7.0.1 update

And yes, it's Adobe's official release on Adobe's own website.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right here: Adobe - Photoshop : For Windows : Adobe Photoshop 7.0.1 update

And yes, it's Adobe's official release on Adobe's own website.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that, but I guess I'm not smart enough to install it.  After I downloaded it, and ran it, it says it will extract the files and run the update the files.  I clicked ok, a couple screens flashed by, and went away.  I checked the original program and it still says 7.0.  Oh well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow... this is strange.  19 hours after I extracted the 7.0.1 install files, it fired off the install.  In fact it fired off about 6 installs, one for each time I tried to install it.  I'd chalk it up to a slow computer, except my computer is not slow.  Install went perfectly.  Thanks to all for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it does that. Something to do with disks being so much bigger these days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, the photoshop 7 updater doesn't work anymore, so you can disable it by running ps7 as an Administrator (right click on the ps7 shortcut and click on Run As administrator), going to Edit>Preferences>Adobe Online and setting Check for Updates to Never.

ps7u.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  At least it won't keep trying to update any longer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines