• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printed Photoshop User Guide?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I started using Photoshop it came with a book.  It was great I could cruse through that index and become aware how to find answers quickly.   Then if I had a pdf version of the book even greater  But I would still use the book  Hey my eye balls are tired of looking at a screen.   But now I am so bewildered how to make use of the adobe website. 

whatindexsearch.jpg

417X42zBOOL._SX362_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Well, a pdf-version is still available.

https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/photoshop_reference.pdf

And I don’t much like what Help > Photoshop Help seems to be nowadays, either.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With a product that changes so often, a print book no longer makes sense.

To be honest, YouTube is likely the best source for free tutorials. LinkedIn Learning (lynda.com) is a great place for paid tutorials among many others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, a pdf-version is still available.

https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/photoshop_reference.pdf

And I don’t much like what Help > Photoshop Help seems to be nowadays, either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to the answers above - don't forget the search tool in the options bar within Photoshop.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble getting to the screen you show here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"don't forget the search tool in the options bar within Photoshop."    I am not finding how to get to this find it fast

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the current version of Photoshop CC?

If so, it is at the right of the options bar at the top of the Photoshop window.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Click on the magnifying glass, it opens the search screen.

Screen Shot 2018-03-24 at 1.07.19 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Bob Dylan sang: "The Times, They are a Changing." No company wants to pay out for boxed software with printed manuals, and dvd-roms, where direct downloads or online help via high speed connections will do for most.

If you still want a printed bound copy, you can pay a print/copy center to do that for you.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bottom line here, is that Adobe price Photoshop very competitively, with the Photography plan at least.  As others have said, you would not get it for that price if it came with a thick printed book, and it would need to be many hundreds of pages in order to contain guidance on all of Photoshop's features.

As it stands, you have the option to use whatever printed material best suits your needs.  The Classroom in a Book series is the closest to an official Adobe manual, and it is surprisingly cheap at just $51 on Amazon.   Note I am not entirely sure if that is American or NZ dollars.  I don't want to click on anything as Amazon is set up for one click purchases here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a charter member of the Manual & Magic Marker school of learning, I know the pain of monitor eye strain. For what it's worth, depending upon your degree of proficiency, you may be interested in knowing that the Missing Manual series is still out there. Here is an Amazon listing:

missing.png

I do not have a copy of this book but a Missing Manual has never been disappointing.

If you want to get into Lab Color, Dan Margulis' first book on the subject is a bargain at the Amazon price. The the later version is excellent but may be difficult to handle if Lab is a total stranger to you.

lab.png

Magic Markers are extra.

Good luck, old timer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines