• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activation with Lightroom mobile signed in

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyway to activate a copy of Lightroom on a desktop computer without signing in to the Lightroom mobile sync?

It seems that the latest version signs in to Lightroom mobile automatically when the software is activated, whereas in the previous version the Lightroom mobile requires signing in before gaining access to any syncing function.

I am trying to prevent my second computer has any possible access to the synced catalog while my first computer has Lightroom mobile signed in and synced.

I simply could not find  any segregation of sign in sessions in the latest version.

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards
Edmond

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

edmondn31605333  wrote

Is there anyway to activate a copy of Lightroom on a desktop computer without signing in to the Lightroom mobile sync?

It seems that the latest version signs in to Lightroom mobile automatically when the software is activated, whereas in the previous version the Lightroom mobile requires signing in before gaining access to any syncing function.

I am trying to prevent my second computer has any possible access to the synced catalog while my first computer has Lightroom mobile signed in and synced.

What is the version NUMBER of this "latest version" that you refer to? What is the version NUMBER of the "previous version" that you refer to?

I am not experiencing this, when I open my Lightroom Classic CC 7.2, I am not synchronizing photos with Lightroom Mobile.

Perhaps you simply need to turn off the synchronization?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My current version is 7.2, which is the latest version as far as I believe..

I have already got a synced catalog with my first computer, which is all fine. However I would like to make sure my second computer does not have any access to the synced catalog, but apparently, any activated copy (at least at the current 7.2 version) also signs in to LIghtroom mobile automatically, whereas in the old version, it takes another round of sign in when you click on the name plate.

Is there anyway to sign out from the mobile sync in Preference/Lightroom Sync, on my second computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

edmondn31605333  wrote

Is there anyway to sign out from the mobile sync in Preference/Lightroom Sync, on my second computer?

You do not need to worry about this. Only one catalog at a time can have sync active, and as you say you already have a catalog synced the catalog on the second system cannot automatically start to sync. If you manually tried to start sync from the second catalog you would receive a very explicit warning message about what would happen if you proceeded.

All you need to do on the second catalog is check the status of mobile syncing in the Activity Centre (click in the ID Plate area, you should see a down arrow when you mouse over the ID Plate), and the first entry in the Activity relates to mobile syncing. There can be one of 3 possible states: A pause icon (two short vertical bars), which indicates that the catalog is currently sync enabled, a "play" icon with the word Paused above it, which indicates that the catalog is sync enabled but syncing has been paused, and no icon but with the word Start, indicating that the catalog is NOT sync enabled.

Your synced catalog should show one of the first 2 states, the catalog on the second system should show the third state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response.

While I understand there is some level of prompting and warning whenever, on the second computer, attempts to start syncing or starting a new catalog, I do want to have it completely signed out so that there is no chance my already synced catalog be downloaded or accessed on the second computer.

I know syncing on the second computer can be stopped, or paused, but it is not an security measure or access control. The second computer is a shared computer among the family, which family member use Lightroom to manage their casual photo collection.

Prompting while is some level of gate keeper, it doesn't serve as a security measure, to stop any curious mind or genuine mis-click. I am looking for a way to decouple the software activation and Lightroom sign-in, where it was the case in the previous version, but apparently is the way for v7.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Signing out is the wrong way to accomplish this, as if you are signed out, you cannot use Lightroom Classic CC until ou sign back in.

The way to accomplish what you want is to turn off the synchronizing with Lightroom Mobile in the 2nd catalog. Then ... You do that once ... And it will never try to synchronize with Lightroom Mobile never never never (unless you change it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, signing out from the software does not serve the purpose as it renders the software un-activated and not usable.

I found that whenever LIghtroom on the second computer starts, especially with a different catalogs, it prompts if the user would like to sync that catalog. Certainly the correct answer in my situation is to click "no", but it is quite an inviting question that can lead to unwanted consequence.

So it looks like one can only turn off/do not start syncing at a catalog level, but not at the software level/account level.

Am I looking for that extra layer of security that does not exist anymore since the current version? Can you confirm it is not available since 7.2, 7.0 or 6, or 5.x? I am sure 5.x requires the extra sign in at the name plate for Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

edmondn31605333  wrote

I found that whenever LIghtroom on the second computer starts, especially with a different catalogs, it prompts if the user would like to sync that catalog. Certainly the correct answer in my situation is to click "no", but it is quite an inviting question that can lead to unwanted consequence.

If I am understanding you properly, this is NOT the same as turning off the synchronizing in the catalog. I have it turned off, and I never get prompted.

Am I looking for that extra layer of security that does not exist anymore since the current version? Can you confirm it is not available since 7.2, 7.0 or 6, or 5.x? I am sure 5.x requires the extra sign in at the name plate for Lightroom.

I'm sure I am not understanding this at all. I don't believe there was a change in the way Lightroom catalogs synchronize with Lightroom Mobile, so whatever it was in the past is still what it is today. (And by the way, there was no Lightroom Mobile in Lightroom 6 ... Didn't exist, wasn't there)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be a picture will help explaining this.

What I want to achieve is to have the copy of Lightroom activated on my second computer, but with Lightroom Mobile (or called Lightroom CC in this picture) signed out.

Picture is from Adobe's web site.

Just as illustrated as the below picture, it is not signed in.

Lightroom Classic CC Activity Center

What I found now is once the copy of Lightroom activated, it signs in to Lightroom CC (I kept calling it Lightrom Mobile) automatically, and not possible leave it signed out, unlike the picture above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And on my Lightroom Classsic CC Version 7.2, next to Sync with Lightroom CC it says "Paused" when I open Lightroom. Every single time. It does not do any synchronizing when I launch Lightroom.

If yours says "Sign In", then you might want to sign in and then selected "Paused".

Also, Lightroom will only synchronize Collections that you have specifically selected to Synchronize with Lightroom CC. I have zero collections selected to Synchronize, so of course, no Collections/photos are synchronized, as requested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines