Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After working in newly updated catalog, it has gone missing

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try and make this simple!

Day 1: Working in Lightroom Catalog A. The program starts to lag. Check to see if there are updates. There are, so I update. Once finished and computer is reset, I open Catalog A which is then upgraded to Catalog A-2. I then working in Catalog A-2 for several hours, leave my computer and go to sleep.

Day 2: Open Catalog A-2, get an error message right after opening saying Lightroom is experiencing a problem with the catalog and has to check its integrity, etc. Shuts down, not responding, exit out program, reset computer. Navigate to catalogs folder and only find Catalog A! Missing Catalog A-2, but I still see the preview file for A-2. Try to open Catalog A, it asks to upgrade, I say Yes, it renames to Catalog A-2-3. This new catalog looks like Catalog A and is missing all of my edits from A-2!!!

So questions:

1. Where did Catalog A-2 go?

2. Is it recoverable?

3. Can I restore Catalog A-2-3 with the preview (.lrdata) for Catalog A-2?

Thank you!
Jackie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

H'm. First of all, if your catalog is upgraded, then you didn't simply install and update, you installed an upgrade. You went to the next major version! So what version of Lightroom were you using and what version are you using now?

I have no idea where your A-2 catalog went, but I doubt it can be recovered. It could be in the trash (recycle bin) however, so check that. And no, you can't restore a catalog from the previews.lrdata, I'm afraid.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is your operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines