• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The top of After Effects after update is out of window reach? Why?

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to the 2018 After effects and this is what I see...

Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 3.58.18 PM.png

No matter what I do- even if i reset my work flow... I can not reach the top of the program to....use it... at all. I have tried changing the resolution in my monitors to see if it makes it smaller to see the top and so far nothing. I can no longer use this program becaue I cant reach the top of the controls. Is there a solution to this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Try pressing Ctrl/Cmnd + \ to see if that brings back the top bar and repositions it in the monitor.

This looks to me like you are halfway between dual monitors. If that is the case try changing the display settings to mirror or unplugging the second monitor.

If all else, including a reboot, fails, try resetting your preferences.

A little more system info may be helpful in finding a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try pressing Ctrl/Cmnd + \ to see if that brings back the top bar and repositions it in the monitor.

This looks to me like you are halfway between dual monitors. If that is the case try changing the display settings to mirror or unplugging the second monitor.

If all else, including a reboot, fails, try resetting your preferences.

A little more system info may be helpful in finding a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this has happened to me before! try dragging the side of the window in while holding shift. it should also shrink the window vertically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Rick suggested, Maximize App Window ⌘+\ (command backslash) should work.

Maximize App Window on Primary Monitor ⌥+⌘+\ (option command backslash) should work as well.

If you decide to reset your preferences, hold ⌥+⇧+⌘ (option shift command) when you launch After Effects to be prompted by AE to delete your preferences file.

Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 2.51.21 PM.png

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if resetting the current Workspace/layout helps - Window>Workspace>Reset "current workspace name" to Saved Layout; where "current workspace name" denotes the name of the current Workspace.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! Originally this opened a zoom accessibility tool while simultaneously making after effects the right size- now I can use after effects. I want to thank everyone for all their replies. I was unable to respond as I was at work But I do thank all of you for helping me in this matter!

Ryan

URProduction.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines