• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Unusable - playback, editing, every action causes spinning wheel and crashing.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having serious issues with Premiere. Whenever I try to do anything in the program, move a clip, press play in the timeline, etc. I get the spinning wheel. I have spent the past two days on chat and phone with Adobe tech support with no improvement. I changed permissions to all Adobe folders, changed preferences several times, reset preferences upon start up. It is just stopped in its tracks and of course I'm on a deadline. Does anyone have any advice to offer? So frustrating not to be able to use this program, and to pay for it. I don't understand how anyone can make a film with Premiere!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More information needed for someone to help... please click below and provide the requested information

-Troubleshooting https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2261475

-Premiere Pro Video Editing Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you John,

I have tried most of the suggestions in your document, besides removing anti virus software or any transitions.

I am working on a project in CC 2018. My machine is a MacBook pro 15 inch mid 2015. Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3. Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M37)X 2 GB   Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

The project was created in 2017 and converted to 2018, then copied and saved with a new name. I have had no problems until a few days ago when it just slowed to a crawl and became essentially unusable.

I am working with proxies. And most of the issues are with playback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Weirdly, one thing that has slightly improved the situation, is I turned off my mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines