Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS3 installer problem

Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a problem.

My old CS3 wouldn't work once I updated the software on my pc.  I got a new serial number and read that I needed to uninstall my existing CS3 and then install the newer version of the CS3 (that doesn't require a new activation code).  I uninstalled easily.  I didn't think I had any problems with the install, but it never launched.

I followed all the instructions, - but here is what happened:

I got the Akamai installer and followed all the prompts, e.g., choose the .exe link, which created a folder on my desktop. The only files in the folder are non-executable files, "Goodies" and "Documentation" folders and a Read Me file.

Please help!

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Thank you for your response.  I figured out my problem.  I don't know much about computers.  I had to find the installed file that had the ending .EXE

I ended up looking at every file that was installed and finally noticed that that file (I can't remember now what it was called) was the only one with that ending.  When I clicked on that it worked and now I'm happily using my software again.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Did you get the installer via this link

Activation or connection error when starting CS3 or Acrobat 8

Also you mentioned "updated the software" is that the operating system you updated, if so what version of OS do you have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your response.  I figured out my problem.  I don't know much about computers.  I had to find the installed file that had the ending .EXE

I ended up looking at every file that was installed and finally noticed that that file (I can't remember now what it was called) was the only one with that ending.  When I clicked on that it worked and now I'm happily using my software again.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines