• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyword Search returning BAD results

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have a large library, I'm trying to be really good about keywording... so I'm "good" about keywording.  So today, I wanted to find an elephant pic in my library (77k photos). I selected "keywords" "contain" "elephant". And got back a bunch of photos of Galapagos tortoises. In the keywords window I see:

galapagos giant tortoise, Galapagos Islands < Landscape, Wildlife and Landscape

WTF? Why are they showing up in a keyword search for elephants?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

A couple things to check:

- Perhaps one of the keywords got accidentally moved underneath "elephant" in the hierarchy.  You can check that by typing "elephant" into the Keyword List search box and seeing if it has any child keywords:

- Perhaps "elephant" somehow got added as a synonym for one of those keywords. In the Keyword List panel, double-click each of the keywords in turn to see if one of them has any synonyms.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple things to check:

- Perhaps one of the keywords got accidentally moved underneath "elephant" in the hierarchy.  You can check that by typing "elephant" into the Keyword List search box and seeing if it has any child keywords:

- Perhaps "elephant" somehow got added as a synonym for one of those keywords. In the Keyword List panel, double-click each of the keywords in turn to see if one of them has any synonyms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha! thanks so much. I usually put the latin name in as a synonym. And the latin name for the giant tortoise includes "elephantopus"!!!

This could require some thinking...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Instead of doing "Keywords Contains elephant", do "Keywords Contains Words elephant".

That would eliminate the spurious match with "elephantopus", but it would still match "elephant grass".  You can do an exact match on a keyword by hovering the mouse over it in the Keyword List panel and then clicking the right-arrow that appears:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines