Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lens Profile/Correction - Camera Raw

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2017 Aug 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Team,

The images clicked with the new Tamron 70 - 200 Di VC USD G2 Nikon is automatically recognized as the older version of Tamron 70 - 200 2.8 VC USD.

However, the lens profile for the new Tamron 70 - 200 Di VC USD G2 is present in the drop down and I have to manually choose the option. Is this some bug or due to something else.  Please reply. Much appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of photoshop and camera raw do you have?

I found these camera raw files taken with a canon and that lens and camera raw seems to detect the right lens automatically.

(couldn't seem to find any nikon raws taken with that lens)

Sample file from here:

https://www.dpreview.com/sample-galleries/0456329947/tamron-sp-70-200mm-f2-8-di-vc-usd-g2-samples

You could download one of the above raw files and see how it works in your camera raw.

Photoshop CC 2017.1.1 Camera Raw 9.12 macOS Sierra 10.12.6

crtam.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the reply. I am using Camera RAW 9.12 itself. I downloaded the images from the link and they are recognized correctly.

What I have done at the moment is manually choose the right lens and have saved it.  So now when I open a pic (Nikon mount) and choose auto detect,  it is being recognized correctly

Will this cause any difference to the image? Is it possible that the lens has some issues? 😕

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This problem is still occurring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines