• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos won't import

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to select which photos to import in Lightroom Classic CC, but when I click import, the photos do not import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

I only use a card reader, I use the Add option

If both these options are correct- This will not work.!

Lightroom, by default, will not make a catalog reference to photos on a camera card (either in the camera or in a card reader) as this is not considered a permanent storage location for downloading the photos.

By using the "Add" option you are asking Lightroom to leave them ON THE CAMERA CARD, so 'No Go'.

You must select "Copy" so as to place the photos on a Hard-drive, and LR will construct previe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact version of Lightroom? What operating system? Did this just started happening? Have you been able to import previously? Are there any error messages? What are your import settings? Are you connecting the camera with a cable, or are you using a card reader? Are you using the Copy or the Add Option? The more details you can provide about the problem you are having, the better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom version 7.2, macOS X 10.13.3, this just started happening, I have been able to import previously, I apply auto tone settings, I only use a card reader, I use the Add option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I only use a card reader, I use the Add option

If both these options are correct- This will not work.!

Lightroom, by default, will not make a catalog reference to photos on a camera card (either in the camera or in a card reader) as this is not considered a permanent storage location for downloading the photos.

By using the "Add" option you are asking Lightroom to leave them ON THE CAMERA CARD, so 'No Go'.

You must select "Copy" so as to place the photos on a Hard-drive, and LR will construct previews in the library catalog.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines