Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio track names

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am currently working on a feature, I like to keep everything organized to ensure a smooth workflow (don't we all). The sound recorder on set told me, that he has named all the individual audio sources in his recorder. This way, I should be able to have a visual representation on my timeline, of what audio track belongs to which actor.

Something along the lines of:

V1        

Actor #1

Actor #2

Boom

The only problem is, the metadata isn't showing up in Premiere. I don't have the option to rename the individual audio tracks manually, either.

Please tell me, that the function is there and that I'm just overlooking something...

Best,

Daniel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first thought is that the metadata being used just isn't supported by PP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This really needs to be implemented then, it's going to be a headache for the sound mixer, since most scenes have 7-8 active players at a time. In previous versions of PP at least, it was possible to change the track names manually, but not anymore? This makes no sense whatsoever...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can ask for new features below.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Chances are that won't help with this project, though.  One thing I can suggest is to always test out the entire work flow before production begins.  Nigglers like this often crop of when assumptions are made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The only problem is, the metadata isn't showing up in Premiere. I don't have the option to rename the individual audio tracks manually, either."

You can rename your Audio Tracks in by Right-clicking the audio track in your sequence and choose "Customize" from the drop-down menu and this will get you into the button editor. Then click on the "A1" button and drag it down on to your track from the button editor menu. Now click OK to exit button editor. Now you need to right-click your audio track again and choose "Rename" it should no longer be greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Daniel,

It's working for me. Can you show us a screenshot of the new button in place on your track and the disabled shortcut menu?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines