• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Locked] CS3 new serial number and installer [CS3 is dead]

Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CS3, and have had problems with activation failure. Got told that this would do the trick: Activation or connection error when starting CS3 or Acrobat 8

"Receive a new serial number and installer  Get a new serial number and installer so you can reinstall CS3 or Acrobat 8 applications successfully. These special versions do not require activation."

I followed the instruction very carefully, yet everything is exactly the same as before, same message about activation failure.

What's the catch? Do I have to say a magic word or something?

I really need to get this working, please advice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

It's now 2020. As an update, CS3 activation servers are gone. And Adobe ended access to activation-free installers and replacement serial numbers. Customer Care agents cannot help with this matter.  CS3 is officially dead and gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully deleting the cache.db file as described in the following adobe kb will work:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/temporary-activation-expired.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although the above idea got me past the roadblock of having an old serial number, when I installed the "new" CS3 and entered my replacement serial number, the program tries to register the new serial number but says that it cannot connect.  This is the ONLY app on my machine that claims it cannot connect.

Suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, registration is optional, not required and no lomger connects to adobe, so just click on Never Register.

If your on windows vista, 7 8/8,1 or 19 then run cs3 as an administrator first to make the Never Register setting stick so the dialog doesn't reappear.

Right click on the cs3 shortcut, then click Run as Administrator or More>Run as Administrator and you only havet o this once to get rid of the registration dialog, Then run cs3 normally afterwards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue but I've done everything suggested here and I still get the same message about needing to activate my product. No option to put in my new serial number, no option to not register, nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using?

You uninstalled your old cs3, download the new non activation version of cs3 and installed it?

Download Adobe Creative Suite 3 products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where does one download said non activation version of CS3? I have tried over and over again but the file only sends me documentation and some images. it makes no sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the same thing (repeatedly) - uninstalled the old cs3, used the creative cloud cleaner, got the new serial number, downloaded a new version of cs3 and installed. I never got an opportunity to enter the new serial number or opt out of registering, I immediately got the temporary activation expired.

All I really want to use is Acrobat - and I don't want to pay for it again! It works fine with Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully deleting the cache.db file as described in the following adobe kb will work:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/temporary-activation-expired.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! It worked, finally. It was very difficult to find this thread and find your answer. I really appreciate it. I did not find the 'Correct' ​to click on below your anwer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to made a complet reinstall of my Windows on my PC.Now i wanted to reinstall my CS3. The non activation version of CS3 seems to be no longer available. Is there any possibility to get them anywhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did You find a solution ? I have the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried that like ten times. I download the file, it opens the Exe, I push the next button, it has an install bar. I open the file. There are only documents and images. There are no programs anywhere to be found or an installer for the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you find the installer? All I can find are documentation and fonts, etc. No .exe file. What am I missing??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go here to get the non activation cs3.

You need your original serial number.

Download Adobe Creative Suite 3 products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried numerous times as other above.

Uninstalled my old CS3

Moved the AdobePDF.dll to my desktop

Manually removed the cache file from where it was shown in above info

Reinstalled CS3 from the link above from adobe

I go to Adobe CS3 folder after install to click on .exe. file and nothing is there but the set up and some folders

Not even getting to a point where I put in my new CS3 serial number.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe your looking at the folder on your desktop that adobe extracts the cs3 install files to?

That's the folder that has the Setup.exe which you double click to do the actual install of cs3.

The actual install of cs3 then should be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe.

After you actually run one of the cs3 programs is when your prompted to insert a serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

I am having the same problem as above.

I followed all the instructions, but I've been going in circles for hours.

I get the Akamai installer and choose the .exe link, which creates a folder on my desktop. The only files in the folder are non-executable files, "Goodies" and "Documentation" folders and a Read Me file. There's also nothing executable in my Program Files or Program Files (x86) folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carolee. Your query was a while ago now, but if you ever visit again, I struggled to find the applications too, on Win10 , once I'd reloaded CS3. I found the 1.6GB file under This PC/Desktop/Adobe

But I'm stuck at the vicious circle of No Connection, with the new files.

I could uninstall and reinstall, delete the Cache file (which I found as described) and hope it works, I guess. But where we live, there is a patchy and slow internet connection, so I have to find a public network to download the new files. Yesterday it took nearly 2 hours to download the new CS3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff:

I am having the same problem as Carolee:

I followed all the instructions, - but here is what happened:

I get the Akamai installer and choose the .exe link, which creates a folder on my desktop. The only files in the folder are non-executable files, "Goodies" and "Documentation" folders and a Read Me file. There's also nothing executable in my Program Files or Program Files (x86) folder.

Please help!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

momofj5, can you let us know ALL of the files you see in that folder? A screen shot would be fine but you CANNOT email it, or a list of what you see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I am using Windows 10 Pro. I am looking forward to your advice.

Best regards.

Lee

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines