• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Horizontal lines when importing RAW

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am occasionally getting horizontal lines across photos when importing from my Sony A7ii into Lightroom Classic CC.  This only occurs when importing RAW files.  The lines are not always in the  same place, but they appear consistently about 50% of the time.  This seems to happen most often with a Sony Zeiss 55mm 1.8 lens.  Strangely, if I zoom in and then zoom out of the picture, the lines often disappear.  So, I do not seem to be losing pictures, but it is definitely an annoyance, and I am not confident that the zoom in / zoom out trick will always work.  Any idea what may be going on? 

I have tried different SD cards, resetting camera to factory settings, and cleaning sensor, but nothing seems to get rid of the lines.  I am using the latest version of Lightroom Classic CC (7.2) on a MacBook Pro.  I am hoping this is not a serious camera issue or a problem with the lens.

Screen Shot 2018-03-21 at 10.01.20 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first I would try is to deactivate the GPU support.

Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

When you open the RAWs in another program it look's ok?

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a corrupted photo. The corruption comes from a hardware malfunction somewhere. You need to try transferring to your computer using different hardware to see if you can isolate the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried turning off GPU and different cards and readers, but I am still getting these lines. This is ONLY happening with Lightroom Classic CC. If I use Bridge, the sony import software, open in Photoshop, or even just use Lightroom CC (non Classic), the images open without any lines.  This only seems to happen with one lens (Sony Zeus’s 55mm f/1.8). Is it possible that there is an issue with the lens?  Or is there something I’m missing in Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strangely, if I zoom in and then zoom out of the picture, the lines often disappear.

It could be that this is a corrupted preview file, as zooming in and zooming out usually causes an up-to-date preview to be generated and shown. Try selecting a photo and then Library->Previews->Discard 1:1 Previews.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The zoom in / zoom out trick is not working consistently. However, this is only happening with Lightroom Classic CC 7.2, and so far, only with one lens.  Using Bridge, Photoshop, the Sony raw tool, or even Lightroom Cloud version, images import just fine w no corruption.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Because those other programs use different previews ... or they don't use previews at all ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines