Exit

could not connect to the fulfilment server

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following message is appearing,

'Connection Error Detected

Digital Editions could not connect to the fulfilment server. Please make sure you are connected to the Internet.'

Please note, I have an internet connection. I have an iPad 2 version 9.0.2 (13A452)

Adobe Digital Editions version 4.5.126999

TOPICS
ACSM files

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which operating system you used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iOS 9.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check his:

• clock time
  • date
  • time zone

Can you open on his device this Link? http://adeactivate.adobe.com/.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

time: 5.38pm

date: 23rd October 2015

time zone: AEDT (Australian Eastern Daylight Time)

the link opens  to a blank page with 'Welcome to Digital Editions" written at the top

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then should it work. Try to redownload Adobe Digital Editions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help, however if I delete ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) I will lose my downloads, some of which I will have to repurchase. Is there any other way without having to redownload ADE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The eBook should also download of the Server of the Seller of the eBooks. When the time, date and time zone are fine, you access to the server should try it with a new download. If not try it can also wait for the Answer of Adobe Stuff, if this have a other solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2015 Oct 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reinstalled ADE, however I am getting the same results, and unfortunately I have also lost previous downloads at my own cost. I wish Adobe would get involved, it is their product after all. Not impressed with ADE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should can downlaod the eBook on the Website of the Seller how has buy the software.

When Digital edition on his iPad not work can also try a other App for read eBook: https://blogs.adobe.com/digitalpublishing/supported-devices

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌thanks for your efforts, however unfortunately this is not really resolved. I wish Adobe would acknowledge the problem themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to choose SETTINGS within ADE and choose the option AUTHORIZE. If not it wont connect to the books you download. Once purchased you cant lose the books. Every time you enter the ADE on any other device, all books purchased by you will be downloaded automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 12, 2016 May 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi john

i was having the same problem with adobe digital edition on my ipad. Im not sure if you have already found a solution to your problem but i found that downloading the bluefire reader app helped me, it uses your adobe id to log in and i was able to download the ebook i was having trouble with.

i hope this helps  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update on bluefire, today all of a sudden I cannot open epubs on Bluefire App and it asks for me to sign into Adobe Digital Editions which I have done.  I downloaded Adobe Digital Editions onto ipad and I get the error "cannot connect to fulfillment center, must have internet" which I do.  The only way to get these now on Ipad is to manually move the books to Bluefire App through Itunes and syncing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bluefire did the trick for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bluefire app did the trick for me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the end, i couldnt access my ebook on my iPad via ADE either!!! I downloaded Bluefire but I read that you have to transfer the ebook from Dropbox first. I downloaded Dropbox too, but cant figure out how to transfer the book from the Google Play Store library to Dropbox, as the only option I can see is "download to EPUB", which is compatible with ADE. Any suggestions? Although I have the book in ADE on my laptop, I use my iPad to cook from, as my laptop wont fit on the kitchen work surfaces with all the kitchen equipment! This is very frustrating!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same issue with my PDF library loan book, which required Adobe Digital Editions.

Installed ADE on my Mac ok, and was able to read the book, but I wanted to read on my iPad.

Installed ADE on iPad and authorised with the same Abode ID with sync selected, and would just show placeholder for book. Selecting it would always just show the "cannot connect to fulfillment center" error.

I even tried directly copying the book into ADE App file share, via iTunes. Same error.

Then after finding this thread, I tried the Bluefire App. Copied the PDF from my Mac ADE folder directly into the Bluefire App file share, via iTunes, and awesome! Problem solved!

So thanks.  iOS ADE is an Adobe joke.

Bluefire Reader App solves this problem for iPad reading!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you everyone- same issues, just downloaded Bluefire and Viola I can now read the download on my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2018 Jul 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How interesting that this is a 3 year old problem! I just read through the posts and got Bluefire to work on an iPad 6 for our local library downloads. However, it took a while because our library website instructs us to use Adobe Digital Editions - which still results in the server connection error. I'm happy that this solution works, but it seems like a long wait to get Adobe's own app functional. Thanks, everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines