• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Permissions problem error

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Can anyone help me with this problem? Does not let me open LR. Tried everything but does not work yet. Reinstall LR, all solutions given in 'more info', change Mac user, etc. Don't know what to do. Desperating....

Warning says: It is possible that LR has detected user permissions problems during start up. LR is closing.

Captura de pantalla 2018-03-26 10.35.53.jpeg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Problem solved! My problem was that I was using the folder 'Library' from HD for the Lightroom folder, not the 'Library' folder inside my User folder, which was hidden and I couldn't find..... Computers are labyrinths.

Thanks all!!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message says it all: Lightroom needs to create a folder called 'Lightroom' (with many subfolders) in your user 'Library/Application Support' folder, but somehow it does not have the permissions for that. Are you logged into a user account with lower permissions? That could be one explanation. Another possibility could be that there are general problems with this folder. Run Apple's 'Disk Utility' and click 'First Aid'.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but it does not work. I am the only user, have all permissions, first aid did nothing.....If it helps, Photoshop is starting up extremely slow, maybe all comes from the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could create that folder yourself. Who knows...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try the suggestions for changing permissions on specific folders at this link:

Solutions to Adobe Lightroom Lightroom user permission issues on launch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I will try both!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Problem solved! My problem was that I was using the folder 'Library' from HD for the Lightroom folder, not the 'Library' folder inside my User folder, which was hidden and I couldn't find..... Computers are labyrinths.

Thanks all!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines