Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 8 trial installation

Jan 30, 2009 Jan 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to install a trial of RH 8, but I'm in the middle of an important project, and cannot have it affected. Will the installation of a RH 8 trial have any effect on my current installation of RH 7, or any of its files.?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jan 30, 2009 Jan 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi there

The two versions nicely exist side by side. No need for worries there. As long as you don't touch live work with 8, you should be fine. Create a new project or make a copy of an existing project to test with.

Oh, and if you are accustomed to opening projects by double-clicking the project file from Windows Explorer, well...

See, the install configures the file association so that project files are now associated with the new version. So if you attempted to open an older version by double-clicking, 8 would open and attempt to work with it. But that's just the nature of Windows and the way it works with software. Not a shortcoming of 8.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp