• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Win XP SP3

Advisor ,
Jan 29, 2009 Jan 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our IT peeps recently made available an update to XP SP3. Has anyone using RH X5 installed this service pack, and were there any issues?

Leon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2009 Jan 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Leon.

We are on SP3 with X5 and have not come across any issues so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 30, 2009 Jan 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Leon -

So far my experience with XP-SP3 update has not been stellar. Works OK for existing programs (so far) BUT installing new programs has been problematic, especially added a new security program...forced me to reformat (thus trashing EVERYTHING), reload XP-SP2, reload and reregister all applications and only then apply SP3.

I'm not a happy camper.

Regards,
GEWB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 02, 2009 Feb 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sigh...a resounding maybe, huh?

Oh well, I'll just fight off the IT folks as best I can.

Thx,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2009 Mar 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over the weekend our IT dept installed Win XP SP3. It appears to have caused some strange behavior with RoboHelp 7.03. The app was crashing a lot, but when I changed my local computer privileges back to Admin, this seemed to cease. The most notable remaining issue is that I can no longer right-click on topics to access the Apply templates dialog. I can still get to the Properties from the Edit menu. Has anyone else noted strange behavior with SP3? If I re-installed would it likely go away?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2009 Mar 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
We use Win XP SP3 with RH8 (in the TCS 2.0 suite) around my shop & haven't noticed any effects at all (but we all have admin rights to our own c:\ drives).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp