• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

camera raw shows dark, while JPG preview shows light as well as JPG save

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I hope the title wasn't too confusing. And I will include a ref image for example.

Steps I am taking.

Open PS, open raw files, the files are darker than the JPG preview, no biggie I know that is a preview I adjust my image and it is over exposed.

So i updated drivers, readusted the screen, etc.

No change

I then tested something, i opened the file raw did no adjustments and saved as a JPG and BAM the image is identical to the JPG preview from cam .

too dark.JPG

image on left is the raw import an the image on the right is the direct save to JPG no adjustments

graphics info,

graph.JPG

system info (i have the NFO file if needed)

generic system info.JPG

It's holding up work and I cannot crack what the issue is. I even downloaded and installed PS 2014 as I know that worked just fine but is is exhibiting the same behavior now as well.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are showing ACR UI processing a RAW file converting raw data into an RGB image using some ACR conversion settings.  You are also showing an imager viewer application displaying a post process jpeg image.   Is that viewer color managed?  You are showing two different images in different applications. How does the jpeg saved from ACR look opened in Photoshop? You wrote darker but do not show the jpeg opened in Photoshop. ALso how are you ACR default settings set for you Nikon cameras.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anything opened in photoshop is dark, here is a random JPG off google opened in PS and opened in MS viewer, it has nothing to do with the camera, or the monitor. something in shop is opening images darker.

darkstill.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you have your Photoshop color settings set?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've played with the workspace color settings and no change.

Unless you are referring to this wich I haven't tried yet.

https://www.color-management-guide.com/color-settings-photoshop.html

Or are you suggesting a different color setting option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a broken/defective monitor profile, probably delivered through Windows Update. That only affects color managed software that actually uses the profile (Windows "Photos" not among them).

Replace your current profile with sRGB IEC61966-2.1, and relaunch Photoshop so it can load the new profile at startup.

Displayprofile_10_2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

changed the profile. re launched and no change.

no changer.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've had no change, I even uninstalled back to defaults with zero change

Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines