Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Syncing a collection with dropbox?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I've been a LR user for years and I love it. I've been using mobile sync for the past few years for sync collections between my desktop computer and my phone/tablets. I'd love to take a specific collection (not al of my collections), and have it sync it's contents to a Dropbox folder. Is it possible to direct the collection to sync that way? That way whenever I add a new photo to that collection, it will send a jpeg over to a folder in my dropbox that is constantly being updated?  Thanks!

-jon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/collection-publisher

This plugin may help with doing that.

IOW to on demand, replicate as needed up to date JPG representations of the contents of all your LR collections, into the local folder which is managed by DB, so that DB then syncs all new or changed JPGs "up" into your online DB storage and from there, syncs them "down" into other devices as appropriate.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you can do that because the collection only exists within the catalog. You would have to export the image to the folder that is in the dropbox folder, I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/collection-publisher

This plugin may help with doing that.

IOW to on demand, replicate as needed up to date JPG representations of the contents of all your LR collections, into the local folder which is managed by DB, so that DB then syncs all new or changed JPGs "up" into your online DB storage and from there, syncs them "down" into other devices as appropriate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

awesome. I'll look into that. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Publish Services, create a Hard Drive service with the settings you want. Add a smart collection which includes the synced collection's name as its Source.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines