• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop CS3 problems

Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Mac Pro and am using Snow Leopard for OS.  The last year CS3 could be used.

I've been trying to activate my copy without success. Went to the site and got the new serial numbers.  Downloaded the required app to reinstall CS3.  I also have AE CS4.  Screen kept telling me to change from AE CS4 to PS CS3 and never completed the installation. Just kept bouncing back and forth between discs.

All suggestions appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you uninstall all the CS3 apps before starting? Should not be asking for any CS3 disks. CS4 remains a normal install, do it only once CS3 is there and working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did the uninstall of CS3.  When I clicked on the .dmg app it said to load the CS3 disc.  Screen came up with that and said to click OK.  I put in the CS3 disc and tried to click OK but it wouldn't respond until the disc got up to speed.  Then I clicked on it and it started to load.  That's when it asked me to change discs.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something's not right. It should not ask for the CS3 disk. And a DMG is not an app. Does it not open a folder for you, ready to install stuff?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it (.dmg) opens a folder much like the folder with CS3.  When I double clicked on the icon for CS3 is when this all started...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if this helps, scroll down to the CS5/4 bit

Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, don't do that. Unless you see an install app, you need to install the software by dragging it to Applications. Then you run the installed copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me get this right; I downloaded the .dmg from the site Adobe sent me to, then you want me to drag that from my download folder TO the applications folder? What do I do then?

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you copy the appropriate files from inside the DMG. This is just a normal install. You never run apps from a DMG unless they are for running once (like an installer), because when you reboot the DMG is gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I'll try that and report back. (may take me awhile since I'm old. :{ )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still must be doing something wrong.  I right-clicked on the dmg and dragged the cs3 icon to the applications folder.  It then copied over 100 files.  Then I clicked on the icon and clicked the setup.  It started the process and then asked for the AE CS4 disc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never owned CS3 so I can’t download it and tell you what to expect unfortunately. It seems to get a number of people stuck. If you’re still stuck please post BUT DO NOT EMAIL a screen shot showing the contents of the DMG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the screen:

cs3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we need to see that screen shot. I assume you read Ged's last post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did read GED's post but didn't completely understand it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the screen shot, they always help. Ok, I would guess you just drag the Adobe Photoshop CS3 folder to Applications but is there any useful hint in the readme file? Otherwise, it may be worth posting what you see inside the Adobe Photoshop CS3 folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dmg.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ooh, that is a bit surprising. Still I'm sure Adobe knew what they are doing. Ok, what you should do is not copy these files but instead double click on the Setup file. Note that you'll need to be using a compatible version of Mac OS - nice and old. I've seen all sorts of weird and confusing stuff from people who try to run these old CS apps on new Macs or updated systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for not reporting back sooner but I finally figured out how to PRINT my will; Firefox...

I will succeed in reloading CS3, one way or another!  And I will report back my successes...

Thank you both again for all your input and advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reporting back that the operation was a success but the patient died...

I used the setup icon from the .dmg and it sent me to load and reload the discs from CS3 and After Effects CS4.  Oh well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't know if this means anything but here is the name of the .dmg Adobe had me download:

ADBEPHSPCS3_ESD1_WWE.dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines