• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Timeline - Frame Animation - all frames duplicated

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last update, the timeline frame animation is not working.  Normally for a simple .gif I created a frame with image, duplicated it, then free transformed to a new position and added a tween.  Now all frames created are linked so that anything in one applies to all the frames - so the new position gets applied to the original frame.  Suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are new layer added to your frames animation? Check the Frame animation Fly-out menu will the be visible in all frames?

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good suggestion, but I tried that.  The problem isn't multiple images showing up in the frames, but rather the action (free transform) effects all frames as if the images are linked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you tried to use tween the only transform I have used the works is one that moves the layer position from frame to frame.  I tried rotation and that does not work in a frame animation perhaps because of the interpolation required would loose to much image quality.  If that is the case resizing would also not be possible.   Move only requires shifting the existing pixels position over the canvas.  Tween options are  position, opacity and effects.  In this animation there are two layer that are visible in all frames.  I create the first and last frames.  And moved the top layers position between the first and last frames.  I then used Photoshop tween feature to generate the frames between the first and last frames.  The top layer also has a layer mask the is not linked to the layer's content. So the mask does not move.  The mask is also more a mask  for the bottom layer content not the top layers content.

You can most likely do rotation and resizing in a frames animation but you would need to create layers for each size and rotation angle needed and then create your frames from the duplicate smart objects layers each having a different associated transform. Should be simple with an action,,,,

CloudLogo2.gif

Chris.gifChris2.gif

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried all three options of parameters.  I have tried for the selected and all layers.  My first problem is that when I duplicate a frame, then free transform the image to the desired new location, the original frame transforms, as well.  I am not able to make the two frames remain in the desired location to even move on to the tween step.  It worked fine last a few weeks ago, but since one of the updates, no longer works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because you changed the layers pixels.   You have to create additional layer for the frames you want  to be created.  Tween only supports positioning the move tool aspect of transform.  It does not support rotation, resizing or distortion.  It is easy do duplicate layers and transform them to create the content you need for the frames between frames you have or simply the next frame.   If only one layer is involved recording simple actions should ease the process.  The Pulsating and rotating animations I posted  I made with one layer.  The layer was duped and transform by a simple action. Every time I clicked play a layers was created for the next frame.  I then used make frames from layers. You can not use tween to generate the frames you want.

The original layer should not transform nor should any existing frame. If new layer visible in all frames is not checked.  Only duplicated new layers are transformed. The new layers created should not be in any frame till you add new frames to the animation that you make them visible in.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not trying to rotate.  I only want the object to move.  I am a teacher. I created a very basic exercise for students to demonstrate they know how to use timeline in Photoshop.  They literally are just having a ball bounce across the screen.  Would you try using the timeline currently?  This issue happened within the last few weeks.  I have not had an issue with timeline prior to the most recent update.  When I now duplicate a frame in the timeline and then try to free transform the second frame - both frames free transform.

It's not that I don't know what to do.  I just need to know if this is a problem for others since the last update or if there is something wrong with our school's PScc program.  Either way,

1. How do I make Adobe aware of the problem?

2. Can you tell me if you can duplicate, then free transform the image in the duplicated frame --- without having the first frame transform as well?

Thank you in advance for your help.  Sorry if my descriptions haven't been clear.  I think you have combined my problem with another that has been posted to the forum.  Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me now.  Similar to your story, I was able to create simple animations in PS with no problems until today.  All of my settings are correct, I am not even using "tween,"  I read your post and all of the recommendations, and still, "free transform" in one frame of the timeline now affects every other frame.

To make my animation work, I have simply created a new layer for every transformation I need, rather than making these changes inside of the timeline.  This is more time consuming, but I am getting the desired animation.  Your post at least reassured me that I was doing everything correctly and that I wasn't delusional, because this used to work as designed.  I hope it somehow works itself out.

-Melissa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I try to rotate on object and it applies the transformation to all the framres. I can't seem to unlink them. 
If it is just a linear transformation it works on individual frames but the rotation doesn't. I also tried doing the same behavior on a different computer and I still have the same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your preferences if your Photoshop is not working correctly if it used to work correctly.

Capture.jpgUntitled-1.gif

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem right now! Did anyone figure out a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

no

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines