• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Closing Muse ? Are you serious over there ?

Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Helloooooo! Over there, are you listening to me?

I think you have to take a close look to stopping support of the Muse project.

We have spent a lot of time learning how to use Muse, we have created a large number of customers with websites through Mouse, and we continue.

If you respect your customers, you should think again.

Muse is not Flash to have security issues or its works not supported by browsers. Although the flash continues, the name is changed to Animate.

Please respect us and continue the good work on Muse.

God bless America.

Erik

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Hi all,

Apologize for your frustration. I understand that the transition to another software will not be without challenges. Having said that, Adobe Muse will continue to be around and supported for another year. You can continue using Adobe Muse beyond that as long as its code is supported by web standards and browsers, and for as long as your OS supports it. If you have hosted your site on BC, you have a year to migrate it to a third-party hosting provider.

Assets such as text and images can be

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 418 Replies 418
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the first time I've been angry at a discontinued app.

This is the worst thing I've heard out of Adobe and I'm very unhappy about this.  This will actually affect my business severely.

Expecting us to use either online web builders or developers is a joke.

Big mistake Adobe, you suck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Adobe reconsider this, I also run a business in the UK and we have over 20 clients on the Muse platform. Please don't discontinue this fantastic product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.change.org/p/adobe-systems-adobe-do-not-discontinue-muse

Absolute Disgrace!!!!!!!! Sign to get adobe's attention!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is going to hurt a lot of designers and businesses with this deplorable decision. There is no comparable product that can stand in for Muse, especially integrated with BC for use as a testing server. Their suggestions for what they think are acceptable alternatives are insulting, to put it mildly.

I have never, ever considered looking for alternatives to Photoshop and InDesign, which I have used for many years. But if Adobe follows through with this horrific decision to discontinue Muse, I will be actively looking for ways to become a former Adobe customer. Muse is a HUGE part of the value of my CC subscription. A large part of my professional and personal life are wrapped in work I do with Muse. I feel as if Adobe has spat on me and given me the finger... but worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutly correct CuriousChip.
I just spent a few hundred Dollars into supporting Muse CC software for templates, sliders etc.
I switched to Muse CC last year after working with Serif Webplus for many years.
Due to a change in my hosting server I had to move all my supported websites from one server to the new one and used this opportunity redesign and to mock them up with Muse CC.
Reading that this great product will no longer be supported was a shock this morning. I first thought it was a mistake or "fake news" when I checked the mails. But it seems to be true and I have no understanding for such a terrible decision.
I really wonder why they come up with such strange strategies. I hope the protests will continue and they will think their decision over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same situation with me - I too have been spending weeks migrating from Serif too Muse. I'm shocked and very disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gee, after a bad year of falling stock prices Adobe has killed off a product allowing its established user base to suck air all the while increasing Adobe Cloud prices. Thanks a lot Adobe. You've just joined the ranks of Mega software companies like Sony that could care less about their customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(I posted this on another thread)

Just to echo most of the above sentiments  - This is an utterly shoddy, unprofessional and inconsiderate action from our Adobe-Masters.

I would like to add also that at least most people seem to have been informed about this - as a long-standing Adobe 'customer' in the UK - some would say 'prisoner' -  and one who pays the full amount to Adobe each month for CC - I haven't even received the damn e-mail! 

This is appalling - call yourselves a professional organisation?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, I know it will hurt my business. But face it Adobe doesn't care, I am in the middle of building some new sites with Muse. I am taking on clients that I can't afford to build their sites under Muse now because the pricing doesn't account for a rebuild down the road. I have to hussle to find a new platform. This makes the prepaid subscription for the next 10 months mostly worthless to me... I have started reviewing other options to replace Muse and leave Adobe. I started a Muse page on my technology social network posting the other solutions I have found so far. If you would like to see what I have found please see the following link: Adobe Muse - Tech Social Net

Please share, if anyone wants to contribute to the page, join my social network, link here: https://www.techsocialnet.com

It is free to join

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was as upset as you a week ago ,till I came across a folder today which I created a month ago when that I tried to mess around Adobe XD. Actually it's fun and not that difficult really !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn’t that require code?

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure if you  want very sophisticated apps or sites, I am using it for a simple artists's  portfolio   and I am very happy with it so far, Site map is so easy , linking pages too, working with instances ....  basically it's the same tools u use everywhere! it is worth trying!!  and on top u have direct testing on your phone and sharing  with clients !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

piixy  wrote

Adobe XD

dabach  wrote

Doesn’t that require code?

Meaning Adobe XD is a prototyping tool that does not export your designs as HTML / CSS.

As Adobe even admitted ...

Muse Product Announcement EOL:
... Although XD does not generate web-ready code as Adobe Muse did ...

piixy  wrote

sites, I am using it for a simple artists's portfolio

So how are you using it to get to the web ? I think that is what @dabach was wondering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just discovered to embed a simple video player in XD u need coding skills!! i admit i was wrong and all my enthusiasm abt XD is gone since it is only for prototyping, which if i understnad correctly is not meant to do the publishing???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe XD is a half-hearted attempt to compete in the prototyping software market. It is extremely limited compared to the industry heavy-weights (such as Axure or Justinmind), and I think it is a bloody waste of time. 

I predict XD will fail, just as Muse. No-one is waiting for XD - excepting perhaps Adobe users who have little experience with prototyping software, and want a "free" (part of CC) option.

And XD is NOT meant for any publishing or development.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spark is their alternative to Muse - can transfer assets.  Available in coming months.  CC has prelim description now.  Rich in many more features than Muse -easier to learn/use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those interested about the Spark alternative can go to the following to learn more:  https://spark.adobe.com/make/websites/

Given Adobe's history of bringing great products to the market for our use, I am willing to give them a chance to solve our problem and theirs.  Given the trend in the market to move away from code design and the difficulty of graphic stds and template limitations to customize, Adobe is moving to lead industry with wholly new approach to website development.  To meet that challenge they are making significant investment in this effort.  They conveyed to me the transition to the new approach will not be as difficult for developers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you get it ... if they can just pull Muse at a whim, they can pull Spark when it doesn't go in the direction they think.  With losing so many "devoted" Muse fans already because of their decisions, what do you think the uptake of Spark is going to be ... and when it doesn't translate how they thought it would, what will they do?  Even if their customers have to use CC because of the other products, to invest on one web platform that has cost them and their own clients time and money ... they won't run the risk that the supplier will pull it off the digital shelves again.  You don't invest as much time in learning other graphical programs as you do for web design products like Muse ... and that is why we as a community are so fired up and might never forgive or forget a corporation that are displaying the value they see in us and our livelihood.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed and IF Spark is to replace MUSE then Adobe sure did a bang up job of informing their MUSE users that that was indeed the plan. Seems like Adobe needs a transition team. I'm willing to give Spark a serious look and even transition to it though it wont be my only web page/site building option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be more naive then I believe you are.  Software/hardware technology advances monthly and the expectation that you will ever find stability beyond two years is not likely.  Add this to a market that introduces evolutionary approaches that will cancel out old approaches, makes it nearly impossible for any company to survive if it doesn't provide you a better product. 

That includes yourself -  you choose Muse because it was easier and more robust for you to create your customers site and as such offered its development at a lower cost.  Adobe sees its survival to provide greater simplicity/flexibility/quicker design with many new features to keep you as a client, that can't be offered by its competitors.  That should work for you and your customers.

So N.A.T. take breathe, you have time to find out how big is the impact to evolve and whether you might find this might be a benefit rather than a loss.  Your customer relies on you to bring him an exciting attractive design that will bring him business.

Go to:  https://spark.adobe.com/make/websites/

See if any of planned features advances your customers interest.  If you already have a Muse Plan/Pages its not a big exercise to move them to Spark and now augment with new features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no need to infer a superiority over people who challenge you, nor attempt to diminish them with backhanded compliments, let alone communicate with a condescending tone. 

I may not be an expert in coding for the web, but I am certainly not naive.  I have had to learn far too many "new" programs and businesses throughout my lifetime.  I am sick of tech companies rehashing programs into a different format or dumbing them down for the masses or splitting them up for market positioning.  Muse was the "in between" - it enabled people to have an easy interface (for coder or non-coder) whilst allowing those with the expertise to truly build some wonderful websites, themes, plugins, widgets, e-commerce solutions etc so that we as other non-tech Musers could incorporate them into our solutions.  That is what is lost here - not just the program, but the collaborative space between hard core coders and interface designers (non-coders).

I myself build my own websites - not for other clients as I like to know how it all hangs together and interacts.  I will adapt as I always have when adversity hits my door ... but I care for other people in other businesses, particularly those assisting small businesses and I care that it gave other people the same joy I had when I discovered Muse ... although be it short lived for me.

I have expertise in a great number of disciplines and industries, so I am well aware of the instability of the tech world.  That is the reason why so many smaller businesses find it hard to keep up and is why so many monoliths in the tech industry have such control over the world we live in.  Those who established themselves in the early days pull the strings but one day, a company may just do a "Robin Hood" of sorts and give the power back to the people. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting response.  Might review your earlier comments.  Second, you reinforced my reasons for Adobe actions and development of intuitive Muse over code dependent Dreamweaver and future evolution efforts under products like XD-Dreamweaver/Spark-Muse. Many comments shared discussed their competitive products who have features you want. 

Large companies like Microsoft/Apple/Adobe have considerable more to loose then the small businesses bringing advanced designs and are usually the only companies with resources (tech/financial) to invest to protect/advance its base (Acrobat/InDesign/Illustrator/Photoshop/etc.). 

Your also right that Adobe's biggest problem is communication and marketing of its evolution and deserves your rebuke.  This is especially true with the migration strategy for Muse.  Adobe needs marketing/sales reps with their development technical team to represent us -- their base.

Your final comment, reflects Adobe Spark strategy to simplify the software for website development, that allows novice business owners to create/maintain its own website, which may not set well for developers.  However, that's happening anyway where hosting platforms are providing those services.

I welcome debate on the issues and feedback to Adobe that is committed to evolving their products, to insure the community assures our needs are included in their development (i.e. migration of graphics from other products to the website without quarky Indesign-Acrobat - jpg conversions for high-resolution graphics).  Your experience in website development can't be overstated, that is needed in Adobe's plans.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly, I don’t want to be forced to “get used” to other products - I was happy continuing on with the Muse product as it was and I’m sure that many others felt the same.

Yes, large companies like Microsoft/Apple/Adobe have considerably more to lose than the small businesses, but they can usually afford to whereas small businesses can't … and that is my point.  Big companies can’t please everyone all of the time, but they can surely p*** a lot of them off all at once when they make a decision that affects livelihoods … and that’s what I’m saying they need to realise.  Small businesses on the other hand think of every customer as precious because they are their bread and butter.

Adobe are clearly turning themselves from a design company into a marketing company … with marketing, it is all about communication.  The desired result should be to attract customers, not push them away … great start to the transition!

Just because hosting platforms are providing those services, doesn’t mean that they are what is wanted by the consumer, nor that we should be satisfied with not having control over the full customisation of a website.  Those are vanilla versions and often clunky and very restrictive - they just don’t cut it unless you like “cookie-cutter” solutions.  The whole point of having a website is to attract and then retain customers … if they can’t tell the difference between your website from your competitors because you both have the same theme, just a different name … you won’t stand out.  In one of my businesses, I copped a lot of grief about the colour scheme, the quirkiness of my brand and the “non-corporate” feel in a corporate industry, but I stuck to my guns … and now our customers think of us more than our competitors because of these elements - it is the same for any website that people land on.

As for debating, I’m just about done airing my thoughts on the subject.  I don’t have enough fight in me to keep the conversation going.  From now on, I’m just going to wireframe the site and provide the content … farm out the work so that others have the headaches (and responsibility of keeping my sites current).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do Axure or Justinmind work with apple??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines