Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know how it is done to be able to teach Adobe Photoshop class

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t think Adobe can prohibit you teaching classes on the use of their software. (Edit: As long as all involved parties have valid licenses for the application/s in question, naturally.)

So if you think you know them well enough and can communicate that knowledge in a meaningful manner the formal requirements would be up to the institution at which you want to work as an educator.

if they should require ACE-certification check out this page:

Certification | Adobe Digital Learning Services

But hopefully others can offer more insight …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to have a teaching credential like CTT+ or university teaching credential.

CTT+ (Plus) Certification | CompTIA IT Certifications

You will need to write the Adobe Certified Expert Exam.

Photoshop CC 2015

HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/master+mo  wrote

You need to have a teaching credential like CTT+ or university teaching credential.

CTT+ (Plus) Certification | CompTIA IT Certifications

You will need to write the Adobe Certified Expert Exam.

Photoshop CC 2015

HTH

I disagree with the ACE requirement. I have taught Photoshop for years, and I was an ACE. The exam was worthless. It didn't add anything practical to my teaching or course content, and the only reason I had to become an ACE was because the training center at that time wanted to brand themselves as an Adobe certified training center. In my opinion ACE exams are a cash cow.

Norman is right on the ball. If you have never taught classes before, I would suggest taking an instructor class instead. Learning to teach well is much more difficult than to learn Photoshop and teach it badly. In my teaching career I have seen some very talented people utterly fail as teachers / instructors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The information provided in the previous posts says it all ... almost.

Not to be overlooked is another factor: the skill and talent required for succesful teaching. Details devoted to that area are beyond the scope of this Forum. t I suggest that you talk with teachers you know and learn about their methods, beyond syllabus preparation. I mention this because it is important to be aware that there is more to teaching an Adobe or any other class than knowledge of the course material. (I mention this based upon my own 40+ years teaching at college level.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines