• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WIA error after updating to 19.1.0

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Earlier this week, I updated Photoshop CC to 19.1.0. Now I get an error when I scan. Before the update, I had no issues scanning.

File...Import...WIA Support...chose my device...chose my options...clicked Scan. In a WIA Support window, it says: The system cannot find the path specified.

Your assistance is appreciated in resolving this issue,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

This should be resolved in the Photoshop update that is now available. Open your Creative Cloud, update and let us know how it goes Thanks!

Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too - same problem. Tried a few basic things, but no success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  Just updated today and now no joy on WIA support.  Same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm noticing this error as well on my Dell Laptop running Windows 10.  My scanner is connected via WiFi. Odd enough VueScan works just fine.

Official Response: Photoshop CC2018: Wia Support Failing Version 19.1 | Photoshop Family Customer Community

You can either rollback to the previous version and miss the fixes they put in, or wait for a fix.

You can also see if you can setup your scanner's native software to open scans in Photoshop as well or at least save them to a folder and open from there.

Or you can try out Vuescan.

It is a paid solution, but you can trial it and decide.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes wia suppot seems to be broken in CC 2018.1 still works in CC 2014. Get a message can not find the path on the system but the message does not state what the path is.   Must have been coded by a new programmer that faile to get the path in the first place.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just completed a new clean install of Windows on HP 820Z workstation. I have 3 different scanners running without a problem with their native standalone software, but all fail to work through WIA support with latest Photoshop CC2018 version, all with error message "The system cannot find the path specified". My only solution is to scan outside of Photoshop and then manually load the image until this is fixed. This is very frustrating and time-consuming and will have an impact on my media production business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the problem is in CC 2018 other software works including older versions of Photoshop.  My scanner works with CC 2014 it does not work in CC 2018.  All versions of Photoshop have bugs.  You should always keep older working versions installed.  Currently I have CS6, CC 2014 and CC 2018 installed.  All have Bugs I work around.  Versions CC, CC 2015, CC 2015.5 and CC 2017 are no longer installed.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.

Photoshop CC 19.1.0 issues the same error as above.

Frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.  I downloaded PS 2017 as  a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They need to fix this as it came with the most recent update.... Any support people listening!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are well aware of it, but don't expect a fix right away.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photo…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said "DON'T expect a fix right away."?  This should have been caught in beta.  Sad when a release has bugs in it.

Also missing is the ability to use the move tool and ctrl/com clicking on an item used to pull up the layer.  Now I have to lock every layer to move anything.  The move tool acts like the selection tool and goes to a different layer.  Mess up.

What needs to be foremost in the minds at Adobe is that we work and expect the product not to foul up.  We aren't all just happy to tinker with new settings when we have to get a project done.

Dreamweaver is really bad about moving things around or discontinuing support (asp ... yes, many of us are still using it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rickster56  schrieb

You said "DON'T expect a fix right away."?  This should have been caught in beta.  Sad when a release has bugs in it.

the problem is there is NO BETATESTING at adobe.

and don´t let the staff fool you when they tell you otherwise.

there is NO WAY IN HELL that some of these obvious bugs go unnoticed through a proper betatesting program!!

sadly there is note even a place for us customer to complain about this to adobe.

i can only hope that some serious competition emerges for adobe over the years.

they can only afford to be so incompetent and ignorant because they have a quasi monopoly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most will agree with you that Adobe should do better testing at lease to some regression testing. Its not a monopoly as you point it but might as well be for no one  has a completive product.  Adobe Photoshop is 20+ years old never stood still that is a lot of code to compete against.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJMack  schrieb

Most will agree with you that Adobe should do better testing at lease to some regression testing. Its not a monopoly as you point it but might as well be for no one  has a completive product.  Adobe Photoshop is 20+ years old never stood still that is a lot of code to compete against.

indeed 25+ years of code.. a lot of legacy code too.

thought that does not excuses the sloppy coding at adobe.

no software is 100% bugfree. but obvious bugs are a result of sloppiness and "we let the user be the betatester".

as i said a quasi monopoly.  it´s very hard to use something different than photoshop in some jobs.

that is not a problem for amateurs & hobbyists.

there are some other apps. but in a pro environment it´s hard when you don´t have photoshop.

it´s the same when you look at autodesk. it´s a moloch that has swallowed nearly all the competition over the last 20 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I can scan again, I installed the previous version (19.0.1). Here's how I did it:

- Open Creative Cloud;

- Click the down arrow to the right of "Open";

- Click "Other Versions";

- I chose 19.0.1 (the latest version I was able to scan);

NOTE: In Photoshop, when I click Help...About Photoshop CC, the version number it shows is "19.0 Release". When I go to Control Panel...Programs...Programs and Features, the version number is 19.0.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have this same issue too.  Thankfully I have Photoshop CS6 and Acrobat DC and both will accept the scanner so it is a connection problem with CC 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for telling me about Acrobat DC... I never used it to scan before, I always used Photoshop to scan and didn't realize I could do it that way. I appreciate the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem i wait for fix. And now i use MS windovs scanner app

Get Windows Scan - Microsoft Store

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same problem over here. Help, please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe will most likely develop a fix for cc 2018 in the mean time you can use other scanner software or an older version of Photoshop like other are doing.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too - same problem. Tried a few basic things, but no success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to use some other scanner sortware till Adobe fixes the bug in CC 2018 use CC 2017.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankfully the latest Photoshop update (Feb 13) seems to have sorted out the scanner bug - I have just successfully scanned and saved a picture! I also see that there are updates for Lightroom there as well - not sure (but I think that might have suffered the same problem?) so that might work now as well - not had time to test and it is still updating as I type this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the latest Photoshop update (Feb 13) seems to have sorted out the scanner bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines