• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select all when on filmstrip?

Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I've got a given album open is it not possible to do a select all (ctrl - a)?  If I got to the filmstrip and select the first one and shift click on the last one then i can select all of the images. Am I missing something here?  If I got to edit, select all is greyed out.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

As you have found, you can’t batch edit at the moment.

You can vote here for the feature request:

Lightroom CC: Ability to copy/sync settings/adjustments across a group of photos | Photoshop Family Customer Community

The number of votes may help push it up the priority list.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do a select all in the grid view (hit G or click the grid icon lower left). For some reason this doesn't work in the film strip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SERIOUSLY?  No ability to select all?  And if we do select all in Grid Mode - Lightroom flips back to film strip mode AND is then unresponsive to something as simple as changing exposure of all selected images?  NOPE...deleting this app till you guys make it half way functional FFS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC is catering towards users who are on the go. It is designed to make images available on the computer and on any mobile device at any time, anywhere, immediately. That is the primary objective, and to have a consistent interface across all those devices. The features that you are looking for might become available in a future update, but apparently are not of primary concern in the development of the cloud platform. If you are in need of the features you are speaking of, then you probably should be considering using Lightroom Classic CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Um, OK but will point out that 1) this is a giant step backwards (as are most "cloud" apps these days) and I find it rediculous anyone is remotely ok with a loss of basic functionality and 2) "users on the go" *still* need to select all and change exposure of all images selected.  That said, I appreciate the spirit of your response and am indeed on classic now (and also disappointed the 2 lightrooms catalogs are not compatible despite having latest iterations installed - of course lol).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not defending Lightroom CC at all. I have it installed and play with it a little. But I have not migrated my catalog, nor do I intend to do so. I don't like the limitations, although I have learned how to use Lightroom CC a little more efficiently recently. But I'm still much more comfortable with Lightroom Classic CC and don't expect to switch over. Some people feel completely the opposite way and are completely satisfied and comfortable with Lightroom CC. And that's fine because that's what the program has been designed for. That's why there are two different Lightroom platforms to work with. Choose one that's best for you and enjoy it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you give this feedback on https://feedback.photoshop.com. This forum is just for fellow users to help each other. Adobe actually takes feedback on the other site. We have no influence over the product. I personally think Lightroom CC is not ready for primetime for more serious users and Classic is the way to go for most photographers but some people are able to work with the very serious limitations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

can we at least "batch Save" to our hard drive???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you have found, you can’t batch edit at the moment.

You can vote here for the feature request:

Lightroom CC: Ability to copy/sync settings/adjustments across a group of photos | Photoshop Family ...

The number of votes may help push it up the priority list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines