• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions limited compatability

New Here ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My original 2010 Kobo hasn't been able to sync with Kobo for years.  I download new books from Kobo to Adobe Digital Editions then connect my old Kobo reader to it to add the books.  However, My Kobo just died.  I purchased a Kobo Vox, then discovered it wasn't compatible with ADE.

I'm now considering purchasing a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0" SM-T350NZAAXAR, as it's supposed to be compatible.  Can anyone confirm that it is
compatible.  And if so, when I connect and my tablet is authorized/recognized, what app do I drag my books to?

Appreciate any guidence.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These thieves support nothing. Thier app for Android is worse than useless as it fails to support commonly used devices, such as the Galaxy Tab 2. I invested a lot of money in Adobe Digital Editions books, only to be screwed over because Adobe DO NOT SUPPORT the format even close to as well as they should. PISSED OFF!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why don't you try reading them with another reader?  Just copy the epub files from the My Digital Editions folder, to a folder on your tablet, and away you go - import them into a reader and you'll be reading in no time.

Sorry Adobe, but your Digital Editions is a pretty poor program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been buying books from Kobo, as well as other places and I read them all on my Android tablet.  When I download the Kobo books to my computer, I just change the very long name that they give it to the actual book name, and it saves perfectly to my computer.  Then I can read it in any eBook reader on my tablet.  I do have problems with the .acsm files sometimes, trying to open them in Digital Editions, but I just keep trying every now and again, and eventually I stop getting the message that DE can't open the file (after it has downloaded perfectly)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines