Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open epub file

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello:

I have recently downloaded an ebook with a file extension of .acsm. When I open the file's content is being downloaded in Adobe Digital Editions, an epub file is created. An image of the cover of the book is shown along with information about the publisher and number of pages. However, a window appears immediately afterwards saying: "Unable to open the book; Errors were encountered in this item file:///C:/Users/....."

error1.JPG

What steps can I take to solve this problem?

Many thanks and regards,

Azza

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you solve this issue? Did anyone respond back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to fix this by uninstalling ADE and reinstalling. Once I booted it up, my library was still there and I could open the books.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Booth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to Adobe Digital Editions (hating it at the moment). I've just downloaded a .epub file for work purposes that everyone in the office will need to reference (digital code book). Currently, I'm the only person that can read it and I'm unable to print it. How can I make it available for others to read and/or print?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wonder if you converted it to a .pdf file that you might have more luck.  Adobe Reader seems to be a lot more stable than DE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope you have better luck than me.  I've done that and and it didn't help, downloaded a fresh copy of the file, still the same problem.  I did find a post that suggested using an older version of DE with acsm files.  I've downloaded it, and am yet to try it.  I got the file from epubsoft.com in their free stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines