Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Involuntary panning when using wacom pen with any tool on artboard

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've recently updated my OS for Microsoft 10 and drivers for my wacom and Photoshop CC 2018 (latest). Since doing this I've encountered an extremely annoying issue when interacting with my Wacom Mobile Studio Pro and pen within Photoshop.

The issue is occurring with every tool when the artboard is zoomed past the confines of the interface. Essentially I cannot press my pen to the tablet (left click) without panning the screen; I can however use my mouse. I've found that the only way I can get this to work with my pen, is to press hard down without moving the pen even slightly, or to hold my right click function as I press on the screen.

If anyone had any insight into how I could resolve this that would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Ben

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Seems to be an issue with a Microsoft update

Take a look at this thread

Unwanted behavior with pen after using some functionalities

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try going to wacom and downloading latest driver? Also Wacom support is easy to get a hold of and really helpfull

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Randy,

I do have the latest driver and still dealing with the issue.

Kind Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be an issue with a Microsoft update

Take a look at this thread

Unwanted behavior with pen after using some functionalities

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ged,

I will revert my OS to the previous version until further patches are applied.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem isn't with wacom, I have the same bug with my surface book

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to point out that when using a much older version of Photoshop, example CS6, it's not effected by the window's update. I still have this older version and the windows update didn't mess anything up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this could be a more permanent solution as Microsoft OS only seems to let me stall updates for a period of 30 days at a time. The OS is also unstable during this time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Guys, I came across this today and it solved my problem. I didn't have to do anything complicated. Here: Unexpected panning or scrolling in some apps with pen after applying - Microsoft Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines