• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Creative Suite Design Premium 3 & NEF (RAW Files)

Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wanting to transfer my license over to a friend as I now use version 6. I am getting a bit lost trying to find out first if his camera a Nikon D40x with NEF Raw files will be compatible with Photoshop Creative Suite Design Premium version 3 or will he need the DNG converter?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

That means it's ok to transfer (but you have to tell Adobe), so at least that part's OK!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can check here for supported Cameras

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Check out here about transferring the licence

Transfer an Adobe product license

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ged Traynor, Thanks for your help again! I'm finding the link on Cameras supported by Camera RAW a bit confusing, I'm not that technical with this subject... His camera is listed there but it says "Minimum Camera Raw plug-in version required 4.0"..  can you tell me what this means?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mitchswan  wrote

Hi Ged Traynor, Thanks for your help again! I'm finding the link on Cameras supported by Camera RAW a bit confusing, I'm not that technical with this subject... His camera is listed there but it says "Minimum Camera Raw plug-in version required 4.0"..  can you tell me what this means?

Photoshop CS3 supports Camera Raw version up to 4.6 so it should be OK

https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=4040

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IF CS3 is in your upgrade path to CS6, you cannot transfer. It's the same license, just upgraded along the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thanks D Fosse, my CS3 is a hard disc, I didn't upgrade but bought downloadable version from website for CS6!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't understand. It's not whether it's disc or download - the question is if you upgraded from CS3 > CS4 > CS5 > CS6.

That's all part of the same license, and you can't transfer previous links in this chain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

D Fosse I mentioned I didn't upgrade!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, sorry about the nagging, just had to get that out of the way 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also bear in mind your disks will no longer work, your friend (if you are allowed to transfer the license) will need to download replacement software. Tell them this first because installing from the disks and failing leaves things messed up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double check you paid full price for CS6, not a discount because you already owned CS3. If you ever reinstall you need to still have the CS3 license in that case or you are stuck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thank you! I bought separate licenses outside of Adobe! I never mentioned when I bought CS6 that I already owned CS3! Will that make a difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That means it's ok to transfer (but you have to tell Adobe), so at least that part's OK!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, yes I will contact Adobe, I like everything above board and legal 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, one more thing. Check system compatibility. Don’t expect it to work if your friend has new systems, especially a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines