Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Portrait and landscape preview

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a problem when I check my images on the library module. When I switch from a landscape orientation to a portrait one, I see all two photos instead of the gray background.

Is there any option to see only gray background both on landscape and portrait photos?

thanks

lightroom.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

In the LR Preferences dialog on the Performance tab turn off the option it use the GPU and then test.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Lightroom are you using? I know there was a bug, but it should have solved.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johan

I have Lightroom 7.2 on Windows 8.1

That should be the last version, as far I know.

I think you are alright when you say it was a bug because I remember that during last year I saw a correct preview image

PS: have you some link explaining that particolar bug?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a bug report in feedback.photoshop.com, probably about a year ago or so. I can't give you a link.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the LR Preferences dialog on the Performance tab turn off the option it use the GPU and then test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worth trying, of course, but as this is a Library module issue and not a Develop module issue, it probably won't solve it.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worth trying, of course, but as this is a Library module issue and not a Develop module issue, it probably won't solve it.

That has changed in LR 7.2.  The "Use Graphics Processor" option now also controls the use of other forms of accelerated graphics in Library and perhaps other modules.  See Adobe employee Simon Chen's reply here:

Lightroom: Overlapping display of images in Library | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Prior to 7.2, users could set obscure options in Config.lua for disabling LR's use of the Windows Direct2D interface, which worked around bugs with overlapping display of thumbnails and the filmstrip in Library.  According to Simon, that is now controlled by Use Graphics Processor.  There have been a number of reports of Library and Map module problems now being worked around by disabling the GPU.

So it seems that unchecking Use Graphics Processor should be one of the magic spells sprinkled on any problems with display, in any LR module. (Verifying you have the most recent graphics driver from the manufacturer is another necessary magic spell.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right! That was the bug report I was thinking about. Because it was older, the solution wasn't the GPU settings at that time. This makes it a lot easier. I had not seen that last reply.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works,thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines