Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IE7 does not show Contents Index Search bar

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2009 Jan 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robohelp 7, Webhelp.
When I open the (local) helpfile.htm file with IE7, I get a white space where the Contents Index Search bar should be. If I open it with IE6, it works fine. I presume that I need to change one of the thousands of IE7 options. Anyone know which one?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2009 Jan 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there not a yellow bar across above the help with a warning about Active X? One way is to click that and allow Active X to run.

You could also generate the help for local viewing with Mark of the Web applied.

Post back if that is not what you mean.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2009 Feb 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not get the yellow active X warning bar.
I have gone through my "Local" zone security settings in IE7 and nothing is disabled.
I can't find any reference to "Mark of the Web" in the Robohelp Help, or in the
Robohelp 7 for Word Webhelp Single-Source-Layout dialogs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2009 Feb 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The importance of always indicating whether you are using RH HTML or RH for Word.

RH for Word does not have that option. In IE options scroll down until you find the Security options. You have to ENable allow Active X to run.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2009 Feb 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Peter, I've got it working.

There are a number of Active X security options - I think it was enabling "Display video and animation...."
which finally did it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp