Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange problem between computers

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I was wondering if you might be able to help.

My colleague and I sometimes have to work on videos together. So I'll edit part of the video, save the project file, and she'll open it and add her edits to the sequence. The problem is that say for example I put in a punch sound effect when someone hits something, it's not in sync on her timeline, it'll be a second or two out. But if she saves and closes, then I open it on my Premiere, it's absolutely fine.

This is becoming a real ballache, any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,

Ben

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Team Projects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, we're using a standard file that's shared on Dropbox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both of you are using the same version of Premiere Pro & OS ?.

"it'll be a second or two out" -  Does the audio clip move in the timeline or may be 1 / 2 seconds is the issue of Playback or it may be due to latency.

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're both on V12.0 and on Windows 10.

This is where we're a little blurry.. so yes, something does move.. but we're not sure if it's the gameplay or the audio clip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"This is where we're a little blurry.."

To check this add a marker on the audio clip, video Clip & Timeline...and then send the file to your colleague to see if the clip gets out of sync or not.

Vishu Aggarwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if that'll help..

One thing we noticed was, in the intro she cut the gameplay audio a little early, to neaten it up (someone talked where they shouldn't have), and it played back fine.. but once rendered, it played the audio that she'd cut out.. but when i rendered it, it was fine... does this make ANY sense? haha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE

I made a new file, for a new game that needed editing, synced everything in the timeline, saved it and closed it.

The project file then synced to DropBox.. my colleague opened it and the gameplay video was out of sync with the gameplay audio. She closed it. I opened it and it was fine again. Anybody got any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try once syncing all the files of the project by consolidating using Project manager from your system to your colleague system  ...I think It could be a issue of Original media files.

Vishu Aggarwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thanks for the reply!

I don't really understand what you mean though? Could you please explain more and we'll give it ago.

Many thanks again,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you share only the Premiere pro project file with your colleague??  if yes than share all the media files with project file to your colleague.

Vishu Aggarwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeh that's correct, the project file and files are all on the DropBox.. we did wonder if this test would fix it.. but why would it do it to everything? Like every time we edit a new video it'll do it too..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"but why would it do it to everything? Like every time we edit a new video it'll do it too.. "

Not every time, I am just thinking that the local drop box folder in your colleague system might not be synced to the  files of dropbox server or  to your system local drop box folder.

Vishu Aggarwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For any kind of collaboration, I would recommend Team projects or Adobe Anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly using Team Projects would cost us £20 extra each per month

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sadly using Team Projects would cost us £20 extra each per month

Yes, but...you're doing something that requires it.  Pony up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines